Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring plug?

Options
  • 24-02-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

I know this has been asked before.........b u t.......

I have the main broadband access point in a bedroom upstairs with the housephone downstairs on another telephone point.

I wish to change the upstairs access/telephone point from the current bedroom to the room next door. This would basically mean installing another telephone point on the opposite side of the wall. I have the wiring dagram from the other posts in here.

But i'm not 100% sure of taking a 'feed' from the existing access point to the other side of the wall. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Should be wired straight off the other one. Just match the cables by colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

jor el wrote: »
    Should be wired straight off the other one. Just match the cables by colour.

Ok i've confirmed that i have the following fitted
    NTU:http://www.reci.ie/Portals/0/RECIDocuments/technicalinfo/eircominterface.pdf

Is it as simple as connecting to the L1 & L2 on the extension wiring terminal, brind feed to the other side of the wall and then connect to a plug from B&Q or woodies?

I want to connect my router to the new plug as my main internet access point. Will my Broadband be effected?

Hope that all makes sense?
    Thanks in advance

I will stick up photos at lunch. Websense will not allow me at the moment.
    EDIT: photos added.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MickyJoe

If you want to put the socket on the other side of the wall and you now don't need the socket in the old room then why not just fed the cable through and transfer the existing socket and remake the wiring in the other room. Then just get a blanking plate to cover the old back box

Advertisement