Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Sprint Tri

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭findingfitness

Hi All....

I havent gone away i promise just went off da track there for a couple of weeks. I was in america on hols and didnt get a chance to do any training. went ice skating and hurt my knee (smart i know but i couldnt resist it is great fun) nothin serious i could still walk away but it was sore so i thought id be better letting it come right before i stressed it again. went swimming a few days after i got home and i could feel it even in the pool. was away again last week with work but home now and back full steam ahead TG.

Last night i did a bike ride time 1:21 - 15.4 miles not amazing but it was a rough country road and hilly as hell so i couldnt get much speed up. felt great after it i must say besides the bit where the dog tried to take me off the bike lol.

This evening its the track as long as the weather holds if not i have my swim gear with me also so it will be one or the other.

Well It was raining yesterday evening so i went for a swim instead
    Did Some drills and then some lengths... altogether 50 lengths of 20m pool so 1000m time was 38mins. was happy with it i must admit.

Track this evening.

Last night went to the track.... done 4 slow laps (mile 1) Stopped and stretched cause my calves were really tight. then picked up a little, on the long side i picked up alot then slowed right back down i did this for 8 laps...

It still took me 30 mins to do 12 laps this is terribly slow isnt it?

Run 30 mins 3 miles

Swim this evening hopefully ill find a pool nearby that isnt doing kids lessons, thats the worst about friday evenings

Well long weekend over and full week of training done TG although not exactly what I had planned.

Friday was feeling tired but went for a swim anyway.

I did 750 meters i think in about 24 mins but will have to check some drills were included in that.

Sat went for a cycle did 18.8 miles took 1:10 mins not fast I know but was pleased with the distance.

Sunday found it really hard to get out the door, in the end my partner convinced me to go out for a short run so I did and I was thrilled with myself in the end I did 2 miles in 17 mins thats 8:30 min mile a pb for me I was well tired after it but felt great. sometimes all I need is push.

Took monday off, and going for a swim today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Hey findingfitness
    Nice work on keeping the consistency up. Good to see the times improving too I'd say!
    I'd say your bike times aren't too bad at all by the way. What kind of bike do you ride?

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill Mr Creosote

I really is great to get feedback from you guys. My bike is just hybrid type bike, I bought it last year and had never even thought of a triathlon, it was a few months later when a friend suggested a triathlon, i wish now i had bought a bike with a triathlon in mind because if i get bitten by the bug after this tri then ill have to consider buying a better bike.

Im really enjoying the training though and ya I am seeing improvements all the time in my times TG. just wish i could shed a few pounds along with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I wouldn't be worried about those bike times at all. Especially on a hydrid. only 13 miles in a sprint tri too!
    Throw in a few runs after a bike closer to the event too. The jelly legs sensation is "interesting" :pac:

I bet you all thought I was gone forever??

No Im still here and have had a very lazy few days but im my defence it was my Birthday and my god did I celebrate it lol...

Thats all over now though and its back to work for me.
    Last time I did anything right was last Thursday 8th I did a 30min Swim only about 30 lengths though but it was drill work mostly so i didnt mind that. Then on Tuesday I had what I would consider my best run ever.
    I Ran 5.5 miles in 51:23 mins and my last mile was about 20 secs faster than my first so basically without making a consious effort to speed up at all I brought my slow run from 10 min miles to 9.3 min miles and felt fantastic after it. so Yipee for me!!!!!

Advertisement