Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geographical Feild study report 09.Help!

Options
  • 24-02-2009 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey.
    Im doing the lc as a external student this year and i need some help with this geography report.I have been on the geog feild trip study,but I dont know how to actually put it all together in the report! I dont know what way its to be written up and the layout of it and what to put into it etc...:confused:
    Im not attending a school,as im an external student,and the teacher im in contact with is not giving me much advice,information or direction on it,and frankly i dont think she knows what she's talking about,she did'nt even know the deadline!
    Im getting very stressed about it now as I dont know where to start with it.Can anyone help me out? I'd REALLY apprieciate the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

My teacher is utterly useless when it comes to this (and most other things) aswell so I can't really help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Mods,go ahead and close this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey.
    Im doing the lc as a external student this year and i need some help with this geography report.I have been on the geog feild trip study,but I dont know how to actually put it all together in the report! I dont know what way its to be written up and the layout of it and what to put into it etc...:confused:
    Im not attending a school,as im an external student,and the teacher im in contact with is not giving me much advice,information or direction on it,and frankly i dont think she knows what she's talking about,she did'nt even know the deadline!
    Im getting very stressed about it now as I dont know where to start with it.Can anyone help me out? I'd REALLY apprieciate the help!

Saying what are you doing it on would be a good start? It's due the early April BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's due 24th April afaik.;)

It's due 24th April afaik.;)

OH yeah silly me! Early April is when Ive to hand it in :O

• Advertisement

Its on river deposition.Same as everyone else this year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Its on river deposition.Same as everyone else this year right?

I think the topic this year is erosion, could be wrong though, I know I'm doing coastline erosion.

Theres various choices for what to do the report on

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i've done my first draft of mine.mines on the processes of coastal transportation and deposition

there are 4 stages to it.
    stage 1 is the introduction.this involves your aims and objectives.ie to prove that....

stage 2 is planning.this involves what you prepared for the trip.ie practicing using instruments etc.

stage 3 is gathering data.you have to have done 2 methods of gathering data eg measuring,observing.

stage 4 is the results,conclusions and evaluations.and involves writing up the results you got (include diagrams/graphs),the conclusions and then the evaluation (what you could have done better etc)

hope this helps

i've done my first draft of mine.mines on the processes of coastal transportation and deposition

there are 4 stages to it.
    stage 1 is the introduction.this involves your aims and objectives.ie to prove that....

stage 2 is planning.this involves what you prepared for the trip.ie practicing using instruments etc.

stage 3 is gathering data.you have to have done 2 methods of gathering data eg measuring,observing.

stage 4 is the results,conclusions and evaluations.and involves writing up the results you got (include diagrams/graphs),the conclusions and then the evaluation (what you could have done better etc)

hope this helps

Did you pay attention to the word count for each section? Are you over or under?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm just under in a few and in other i'm just over

i'm just under in a few and in other i'm just over

Same here. Did you fill up the pages or leave a few blank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lc-lady

hi! well i finished mine 2day so heres the heads up..

1- Intro.. name of your investigation- river depo?

Your aims.. wat u wanted to find ou on the day usually 4 a these like
    -examine wind/wave activity

2-Planning.. wat u did b4 u went.. learned about river depo in your geog book.. checked if weather be suitable.. familirised with instruments!

3- Gathering- everything you did on da day.. must be detailed like i sat on a rock.. i counted the waves but no results here

4- results.. you sat n watched waves at da beach but here you say how many there actually were..

5- Conclusions- waves were spilling therefore there depositing material not eroding it..

6 Evaluaiton- what youd do different.. what was most interesting and why.. least interesting etc.

more detail needed obviously in gathering/results/concluisons.. they jus examples!!!

hope it helps!

Its ok,Gots it done anyways......
    MODS CAN GO AHEAD AND CLOSE UP THIS THREAD.

lc-lady wrote: »
    hi! well i finished mine 2day so heres the heads up..

1- Intro.. name of your investigation- river depo?

Your aims.. wat u wanted to find ou on the day usually 4 a these like
    -examine wind/wave activity

2-Planning.. wat u did b4 u went.. learned about river depo in your geog book.. checked if weather be suitable.. familirised with instruments!

3- Gathering- everything you did on da day.. must be detailed like i sat on a rock.. i counted the waves but no results here

4- results.. you sat n watched waves at da beach but here you say how many there actually were..

5- Conclusions- waves were spilling therefore there depositing material not eroding it..

6 Evaluaiton- what youd do different.. what was most interesting and why.. least interesting etc.

more detail needed obviously in gathering/results/concluisons.. they jus examples!!!

hope it helps!

Hey.Thanks for the info lc lady!:D

The mods will close it if they want to close it, or they could leave it open for discussion because we can talk about field study.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If the field study is over and thus nobody wants to talk about it, this thread will drop off the first page due to inactivity and not bother anyone. If people want to keep discussing it, this thread will be the place and thus there's no reason to close it. All in all, closing a thread is a reasonably extreme action that's not suitable for this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I can't do this either. My teacher isn't very helpful and wants it completly finished by next week :(

She should have given you the layout and tell you what to include and then its really up to you to be bothered attempting to write it! Damn the Orals, if I did mine Id have this done by now aswell!

Oh ok.I thought a thread was closed after reason behind it was done.
    Yeah k.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Swizz wrote: »
    Did you pay attention to the word count for each section? Are you over or under?

They're not going to count how many words you have!
    Just say you've less than 1000 words and you're grand! In the space provided on the front like.

Last year I was over in my word count by at least 200-300, it wasn't even taken into account in the least. My results section was way over, for example, yet I still got full marks in it.

bythewoods wrote: »
    Just say you've less than 1000 words and you're grand! In the space provided on the front like.

Last year I was over in my word count by at least 200-300, it wasn't even taken into account in the least. My results section was way over, for example, yet I still got full marks in it.

I know but just wanted to know I think in most sections im under though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

dont worry about it if your a few words under, as long as you have enough srp's you'll get the marks. Try and put in a few more srp's if you have extra space and can.

im a bit under in words too if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I'm ok on all sections now but the Review is still so confusing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

bythewoods wrote: »

My teacher who is an advising examiner told us the story of a girl how got 100/100 even though the stupid plonker put her wordcount at 1100! My teacher didnt really care though. However we were told that the introduction of 50 words could be counted so its worth remembering that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

What kind of word counts have people got???

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Hi...is or did anyone do there geographical investigation yet.. i need help on mine badly...its getting taking up this Monday when we are back at school.

I did mine on Transportation and deposition affect on river channel at straight and meander...
    anyone else do it on that????

its over now thannk god

Advertisement