Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

37 points to beat the drop

• 24-02-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Redknapp has set spurs a target of 37 points to beat the drop this season that would realistically mean that from Sunderland up should be safe.
    It also means that in 12 games

Bolton need 7 points
    Hull 8
    Spurs/pompey/Newcastle 9
    Stoke 12
    Blackburn 14 in (13 games)
    Middlesbrough 14
    WestBrom 15

When put that way 37 points doesn't look so bad for spurs but could be very tough for the bottom 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Still think its better to assume 40 especially this season.
    37 could go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd think 38ts is a good target. I think Spurs will achieve 40+ points, last night was a bonus as I thought we'd only get a draw.

Blackburn are playing well under Allardyce, I can see them continue to pick up points and will get near enough 40 as well.

For me it's WBA, Boro and one of Stoke/Pompey/Hull to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

9 points is 3 wins and i'd be hoping we'd be achieving at least a point a game if not maintaining the (close to) 1.5 a game so far under redknapp which would put us up 18 points and on 46 we really just have to improve our away form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'd love the toon to pick up 9 points in in their next five games but we've got tough teams to play. Arsenal, Chelsea and United all to come to St. James'. I don't see us getting anything from United or Chelsea. Arsenal for me is a realistic draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Barclays Premier League
    Bolton v Newcastle, 13:00
    Wednesday, 04 March 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Man Utd, 19:45
    Saturday, 14 March 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Hull v Newcastle, 15:00
    Saturday, 21 March 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Arsenal, 17:30
    Saturday, 04 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Chelsea, 15:00
    Saturday, 11 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Stoke v Newcastle, 17:30
    Saturday, 18 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Tottenham v Newcastle, 15:00
    Monday, 27 April 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Portsmouth, 20:00
    Saturday, 02 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Liverpool v Newcastle, 15:00
    Saturday, 09 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    Saturday, 16 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Newcastle v Fulham, 15:00
    Sunday, 24 May 2009
    Barclays Premier League
    Aston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00

boro,hull and stoke are all teams you should be able to beat stick a few draws in there too i'd say

• Advertisement
Advertisement