Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football: Poker forum/Grosvenor Lane III - March 8th

Options
  • 24-02-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

We've being challenged to a match Vs Grosvenor Lane on March 8th.

I am going to try and get the same astro pitch as we've played our last 2 games on if there is interest. I am still not trusting the weather at the moment to organise for a grass pitch.

I will once again throw my hat in the ring to manage this as long as we have near a full squad of players as per the last 2 games Vs the soccer forum.

Declare your interest here,

Cheers,

Ricky

Comments

In once again Ricky.

Defo book Leicester Celtic's pitch. Basically our home ground at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Yeah in, think you should have an assistant manager though. Kayroo or Careca. Not someone you are overly friendly with but someone who has been there the last few games. Think it will make for better tactical discussions etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Yes. Im around for this. Really think we could give them a match with our strongest side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ah crap will not make this i am over in Disneyland giving Minnie one..

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Looking forward to this one already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

We've being challenged to a match Vs Grosvenor Lane on March 8th.

drooling_homer_5d3Q6RnPoUBa.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'll come along and sub if needs be, but that said I'd still expect to get a run out.

ditpoker wrote: »
    drooling_homer_5d3Q6RnPoUBa.gif

By the end of the match you'll be like this Jeff:

0374329949.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Balls, can't play this, it's my last day in work. Jeff tell the gaffer to push it back a week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

tribulus wrote: »
    Balls, can't play this, it's my last day in work. Jeff tell the gaffer to push it forward a week!
    don't go in what can they do sack you?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Breifne

will have to check my diary in work, but should be okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I'm available gaffer.

I can switch with Lloyd in nets if needs be.

carfax wrote: »
    I'm available gaffer.

I can switch with Lloyd in nets if needs be.

Think Breifne might have something to say about that after his clean sheet on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Think Breifne might have something to say about that after his clean sheet on Sunday.

Grand stuff, thought we were stuck for a keeper....Much prefer to get a run-out if its available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I'm available.

Thanks for organising again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

damn it I don't actually do anything useful 90% of weekends but couldn't make the last one and can't make this one.

alot of people saying they cant make it this date? if its not looking like a 14 or so squad can be gathered do people want to try the 1st???

alot of people saying they cant make it this date? if its not looking like a 14 or so squad can be gathered do people want to try the 1st???

Leave it a couple of days and see then. So far we have Ricky, me, Steve, Sam, Breifne, Neil, Steve (Carfax), Lloyd, Luke and I am pretty sure we'll have Darragh, Donal, Kev, Danny, Gordon, Oscar.

That's 14 and others are obviously welcome. Keep that date booked so Sam can play in this game since he'll miss most of the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

myself and akkenny can play if yous need players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Ye ill play again

apologies for the lack of organisation on our part, but having ok'd the 8th of march our manager signed himself and 2 of our players up for a coaching course on march 8th. Given that tribulus isnt around on the 8th either i'd be pushing for march 1st or 15th. or we could have a paddy's day special!

apologies for the lack of organisation on our part, but having ok'd the 8th of march our manager signed himself and 2 of our players up for a coaching course on march 8th. Given that tribulus isnt around on the 8th either i'd be pushing for march 1st or 15th. or we could have a paddy's day special!

A lot of leagues are playing matches on Paddy's Day this year believe it or not. I know mine are.

1st might be better if it can be organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

1st March please.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Any day is good for me we are suppossed to have a squad of 20 so shud be able to find a side to play. odds on me putting two past Lloyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I would love a game this Sunday!Do it!

i can imagine we can organise st raphaela's for sunday, i dont know anyone at leicester celtic. could also look into a grass pitch on sunday in bushy park, terenure. preference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Can't make 1st or 14th.

Hopefully get back in squad for next game.

Good luck lads.

Advertisement