Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football: Poker forum/Grosvenor Lane III - March 8th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Would really rather not play on Raphealas. Leicster Celtic is so much better.

Would really rather not play on Raphealas. Leicster Celtic is so much better.

Leicester Celtic pitch is booked 4-6 on Sunday, though full pitch 2-4 is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I can play the 1st

obviously not if i final table walsall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I can play the 1st

obviously not if i final table walsall

You're due a deep run. one time and all that hopefully

Can we not just stick to the 8th Jeff? I know ye are missing 1 or 2 but sure it's only a friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

careca wrote: »
    Can't make 1st or 14th.

Hopefully get back in squad for next game.

Good luck lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

booked for which sunday?

ditpoker wrote: »
    booked for which sunday?

You can see the free times on their website www.leicesterceltic.ie under the all weather facilities section.

Let's play this on the 8th Jeff. It suits the majority of people best from what I can see.

ok, someone book it for the 8th.... but i'm getting our excuses in early, what with us missing graham (tribulus) and our manager and our keeper!! :(

can we book this for an evening game? say 7-9pm? or 6-8 under lights?

ok, someone book it for the 8th.... but i'm getting our excuses in early, what with us missing graham (tribulus) and our manager and our keeper!! :(

Dont you have 3 or 4 lads who all can play in goals? and without the manager there that means you will play what you's feel most comfortable with and not the crazy 4-6-0 formation

• Advertisement

6pm - 8pm under lights would be ideal on march 8th, sunday. 7-9 also good. 5-7 is do-able but not ideal.

we have 3 keepers, but we would be missing one of them!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

lol its booked by me for a different game, but I'm going to cancel that this evening. I could just give it to you guys.

I'd love to play this Sunday, or we could do both.

RoundTower wrote: »
    lol its booked by me for a different game, but I'm going to cancel that this evening. I could just give it to you guys.

I'd love to play this Sunday, or we could do both.

Lets go with Jeff's floodlit extravaganza altogether.

Good luck with your match too btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Do both-Im sure we can get a decent side together?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Daragh's team (who were going to be playing my guys) might still want a game that day, we could do poker forum vs a Hectorjelly select on Sunday then poker forum vs GL on Sunday week.

Too many of my players can't make it for that day so it's being cancelled, but if Daragh needs more players I can give him some of mine.

so has the floodlit madness on march 8th been booked??

so has the floodlit madness on march 8th been booked??

I can't ring them till after 6 I am stuck in a lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

I'm out for both of these games unfortunately. Have my own game this sunday, and the late kickoff next week interrupts the birthday celebrations.

GL with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

If you are missing a Keeper Jeff you can take Lloyd. We have our established keeper Breifne anyway?

I cant make it for a late kick off on that Sunday though I dont think. 2-4 or 4-6 is much preferable.

If you are missing a Keeper Jeff you can take Lloyd. We have our established keeper Breifne anyway?

I cant make it for a late kick off on that Sunday though I dont think. 2-4 or 4-6 is much preferable.

Those times would suit me better also, though I'll play anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

im confused whats the plan play against us in a few weeks and against darraghs team this week?

its looking like march 8th at various times wont suit people. I wont get back to this thread til prob after midnight, but just to clarify where the lane stand.

We are available for matches on a sunday as we play our own games on saturdays. However, our manager is unavailable until 5pm on Sunday. We don't mind missing a variety o fplayers, but understandably we do want our manager there. The afternoon of the 8th is not an option as a result. If the poker forum can get a squad together for an evening game, that would be great, if not then another time/date will need to be sorted. For any more info, annoy aodea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I can make a 7-9 game.

its looking like march 8th at various times wont suit people. I wont get back to this thread til prob after midnight, but just to clarify where the lane stand.

We are available for matches on a sunday as we play our own games on saturdays. However, our manager is unavailable until 5pm on Sunday. We don't mind missing a variety o fplayers, but understandably we do want our manager there. The afternoon of the 8th is not an option as a result. If the poker forum can get a squad together for an evening game, that would be great, if not then another time/date will need to be sorted. For any more info, annoy aodea.

Given that you don't want to play without your manager and given that you've destroyed us both time you'll understand that I don't want to go out without a full team and we will be missing both a centre mids at a min if this game is an evening game.

On that basis I would like to suggest March 22nd as an alternative date. How would that suit everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Cant make the 22nd-back in Krautland. FFS What was wrong with evening of the 8th?
    Im pretty sure youll be able to cope without your manager to be fair.
    Basically there always going to be ppl who cant play-lets just stick to arranged date!

OBV Selfish reasoning as I really want to be able to play!

TO STRESS JEFF THIS IS SUCH BS-SORT IT OUT U LAMO.U CAN PLAY WITHOUT YOUR MANAGER ITS A FREINDLY TEH FOOK.

jbravado wrote: »
    Cant make the 22nd-back in Krautland. FFS What was wrong with evening of the 8th?
    Basically there always going to be ppl who cant play-lets just stick to arranged date!

Well I agree. If they can agree a 2-4 game then we'd have a very strong squad to pick from. But having to wait till 5 at the earliest for a manager is a bit ridiculous IMO, espeically as waiting for that manager costs us players and potentially a match

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

jbravado wrote: »

Because we have tasted victory twice now and there is no way we could go back to being on the losing side

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What is wrong with this Sunday again? :confused:

Our manager can't make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

well the big eason for us is that with this game it allows us to try things and people in different postions which is why you need your manager there. That and he crys when he misses games.

Advertisement