Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football: Poker forum/Grosvenor Lane III - March 8th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You can't make it? I'm sure the lads can figure it out without ya, no disrespect!

Seems to me that you have a bunch of lads who are willing to play a game of ball - one of zero importance at that - and we are not going ahead because managers can't make it? :confused:

Lets just play imo.

My "our manager can't make it" was a joke. I as a player can't make it.

If it's a bunch of lads in a non importance game why don't you try sway the other team about their manager for the following weekend?

If you want to go ahead this weekend I'm out, as our first choice CB's and CM's.

If all you want is a kick about that means nothing then go play 5-a-side, seriously?

If you want to give the lane a proper game then and not get destroyed then wait till we have a (near) full squad to pick from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

One other point. If your manager can't make it til 5, then play 4-6 (as usual) and he'll be there to put things right for the second half and maybe get ye back into the match ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

careca wrote: »
    One other point. If your manager can't make it til 5, then play 4-6 (as usual) and he'll be there to put things right for the second half and maybe get ye back into the match ;)

this works... 4-6 sunday 8th march. how is everyone for that!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

ditpoker wrote: »
    this works... 4-6 sunday 8th march. how is everyone for that!?!?!?

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

It turns out, due to my league teams run of good form, that our next match, (which takes place next Monday) is of vital importance, so I'm happy to reschedule myself and Roundtowers match. I'd prefer if some of the less fit players were not playing two games in two days!

I probably won't be able to play if it's this weekend lads so next weekend would be ideal for me.

I got a pretty bad bang on the knee that the doc thought had messed up my cruciate ligament. Got the scan done and it's just swelling around the knee which is restricting my movement so I've had some sort of injection and he said I'll be ready to go in a week so you can count me in for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I have resorted to playing a junior gaa match this Sunday to get my fix u crowd of swines.Outski. Good for any date up til the 12th basically.

so.... 4-6 march 8th!!!??! GO GO GO!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

8th 4-6 suits me

Can't do this weekend, 15th or 22nd

• Advertisement

someone who is not me book the 8th for 4-6!! :p we have training tonoght so if it looks like you have the numbers then i'll tell our manager its game on for the 8th, 4-6.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

So for the 8th 4-6 we have

Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    akkenny
    Trippie
    Semibluff (maybe)

HJ, R4aD, Kweeveen are you guys available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Sweetness.

is it booked?

is it booked?

Not by I, Keith, Llyod?

Nope, not me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 kweeveen

In like Flynn!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I can play

You can just bring those tracksuit bottoms to the match so. Save any hassle.

• Advertisement

Pitch is provisionally booked for the 8th 4-6.

Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    akkenny
    Trippie
    Semibluff (maybe)
    HJ
    Kweeveen

Anyone else?

I am probably out for this with a knee injury. Won't really know for sure until late next week if I can play on it. Probably not though. Sorry lads.

Pitch is now booked for the 8th 4-6.

Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo (maybe)
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    akkenny
    Trippie
    Semibluff (maybe)
    HJ
    Kweeveen

Anyone else?

we have told our lads this game is on. 4pm kick off. poker forum still have a team?? also, what do we want to do re: a referee?

we have told our lads this game is on. 4pm kick off. poker forum still have a team?? also, what do we want to do re: a referee?

We still have a team to my knowledge.

No idea re: a ref. Maybe we whoevers on the sub bench at the time can take it in turns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

So for the 8th 4-6 we have

Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    akkenny
    Trippie
    Semibluff (maybe)

HJ, R4aD, Kweeveen are you guys available?

Edit - read it. yeah i'll play*

* in agony with tooth abcess, it'll be at the top of my "Girlie reasons to pull out at last minute" list if the dentist doesn't sort me out today!

Edit - read it. yeah i'll play*

* in agony with tooth abcess, it'll be at the top of my "Girlie reasons to pull out at last minute" list if the dentist doesn't sort me out today!

It's an extensive list to be fair Danny. Get yourself a serious knee injury like me ffs. I am looking good to make this now, knees healing up a treat.

Also, somebody needs to get onto Akkenny and BHW and make sure they are coming Sunday.

Also, somebody needs to get onto Akkenny and BHW and make sure they are coming Sunday.

I'll do it

"Akkenny and BHM can you come Sunday?"

Good news and bad news for poker forum!!

Grosvenor Lane game on saturday has be rescheduled for TV* and will take place on Monday under floodlights! With that in mind... good news: we will be taking it slightly handy on the sunday ahead of our game on monday, bad news: we will be well rested for the game on sunday!

* liberties with the truth may have been taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

I'll do it

"Akkenny and BHW can you come Sunday?"

ha, yea we be there

Advertisement