Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football: Poker forum/Grosvenor Lane III - March 8th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Match is on the 8th 4-6.

Players:

Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    akkenny
    Trippie
    HJ
    Kweeveen
    R4aD

Anyone else?

Who can play centre mid as we're missing Donal

Match is on the 8th 4-6.

Who can play centre mid as we're missing Donal

I'd be willing to bet BHW could do a job in there Ricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

I can play in the middle, u gettin a ref? i think it b worth it, only a 5er a head if someone could organise it. i lookin orward to it, havnt played in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

whats the cost of the pitch so far ricky? i.e for the 2 hours. i think it was something like 180 last time out, so each team was 90. with a ref at €50 c ost per team becomes 115.

do we want to sort a ref internally? i.e one of each team ref's a half, or what?

Who can play centre mid as we're missing Donal and aodea and ditpoker - our entire midfield selection from last time out!!

easy game this... double figure demolition!?!? :) hehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

ditpoker wrote: »

Jeff is so annoying. I will kick him just so he knows he has been in a game even tough im on his team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Not too worry Ricky, I play midfield on my own if I have to. Battle on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Not too worry Ricky, I play midfield on my own if I have to. Battle on.

I can do a job coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I can be the Gattuso to Steve's Pirlo if you want. Im best at running around and kicking people so ill go there if needs be

TBH I'd rather have Steve then either of you two pansies. Both Fran and Donal will be missed

We're going to destroy you

Pitch is 180 - I think the guys would prefer a ref if you know one?

• Advertisement

i'll make a call about a ref tomorrow. usually 40-50 euro. Last time out we had one of our injured players ref and he was fine (in my opinion - if anything he'll lean towards the poker lads). can probably get him to do it for 20 or nothing depending on how many we have out. if one of our lads isnt available i'll sort a ref.

also, 3 3rds or 2 halves?

i'll make a call about a ref tomorrow. usually 40-50 euro. Last time out we had one of our injured players ref and he was fine (in my opinion - if anything he'll lean towards the poker lads). can probably get him to do it for 20 or nothing depending on how many we have out. if one of our lads isnt available i'll sort a ref.

also, 3 3rds or 2 halves?

If you can get a ref we'll play offsides, if you can't we won't.

Let's play thirds again, it makes it easier to rotate players.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

sorry lads i cant play i forgot all about the team event this sunday in molloys, jps game, i think brian is still playing anyway. good luck

I've gotten 2 replacements, 1 for Fran and 1 for Donal as I feel our midfield is light.

We'll be playing a 4-5-1 formation. My thoughts behind that is that are very strong in there and don't give much away and I don't want to be overrun.

Attacking:
    When we have the ball I want to build down the flanks with both our full backs supporting the wingers. We'll try work an overlap and get the crosses in where we'll try get 2 midfielders in the box to support the striker. Also I want to see plenty of shots, try and get them away early as you will be closed down quickly.

Defending:
    We'll tuck the wingers in and try and force them wide. I want to make it hard for them to play through the centre - and we've a 2 excellent full backs and a big defence. So scoring in the air will be hard for them. When they have the ball around the middle of the field let them have it. They'll be trying to draw us out and I don't want them to pass it through us - so keep the positions and shape. We've played together long enough now to know the strengths and weaknesses of each other - so play to that.

Players:
    Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    Trippie
    HJ
    Kweeveen
    R4aD
    + 2 mids

ref is sorted.

we only have 10 confirmed, with 1 or 2 to get back to us. we may need to nick lloyd off ya!!

ricky, given the lack of posts in this thread, what odds on just you and me showing up on sunday! LOL

What is there to talk about though?

ricky, given the lack of posts in this thread, what odds on just you and me showing up on sunday! LOL

We're focused and going to do out talking on the pitch (or something to that effect )

What is there to talk about though?

how much you're going to lose by!?!?!?!?!? hmmmM!?!?!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm a definite for sunday, I don't mind playing for either side, just want a run out, that might change depending on my rugby match today, but either way i'll definitely be there

• Advertisement

Cost for tomorrow will be about 10 each (90, pitch + 25, ref + 25 ball).

See everyone at 3:30 at the same pitch (leicster celtic)

We're wearing red, so please can everyone bring a red top.
    I've gotten 2 replacements, 1 for Fran and 1 for Donal as I feel our midfield is light.

We'll be playing a 4-5-1 formation. My thoughts behind that is that are very strong in there and don't give much away and I don't want to be overrun.

Attacking:
    When we have the ball I want to build down the flanks with both our full backs supporting the wingers. We'll try work an overlap and get the crosses in where we'll try get 2 midfielders in the box to support the striker. Also I want to see plenty of shots, try and get them away early as you will be closed down quickly.

Defending:
    We'll tuck the wingers in and try and force them wide. I want to make it hard for them to play through the centre - and we've a 2 excellent full backs and a big defence. So scoring in the air will be hard for them. When they have the ball around the middle of the field let them have it. They'll be trying to draw us out and I don't want them to pass it through us - so keep the positions and shape. We've played together long enough now to know the strengths and weaknesses of each other - so play to that.

Players:
    Careca
    Tonc
    Llyod
    Chopper
    Kayroo
    Steve
    Sam
    Breifine
    Shoutman
    Carfax
    BHW
    Trippie
    HJ
    Kweeveen
    R4aD
    + 2 mids

50/50 for tomorrow, went over on my ankle slightly there in a training session. Will let someone know before 12 tomorrow.

Also, does anyone have a decent pair of size 9/10 astros? I dont really wanna wear my running shoes cos it could be pretty slippy.

50/50 for tomorrow, went over on my ankle slightly there in a training session. Will let someone know before 12 tomorrow.

Fook off Ste-obv dodging cos of your other game.Better be there imo.

Ill give you new frootball manager if your there-gave it up few months ago.Was ruining my life.Bring Tommy A boooook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

steve i wore mouldy boots at the last few games, and rec wearing them.

Good luck tomoro lads, with the added strength the nazi on the left will bring - id imagine a close victory is on the cards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Can anyone bring a red jersey for me tomorrow? T'would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Snow, thunder and lightning up this direction at the min. Should make for great conditions for the match :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

careca wrote: »
    Snow, thunder and lightning up this direction at the min. Should make for great conditions for the match :rolleyes:

Its going to be great!!!!!!!!:)

Tick tock tick tock tick...................

Weather in Windy Arbour is glorious at the moment.

• Advertisement

Weather in Windy Arbour is glorious at the moment.

Weather has just decided to U turn. Its now pissing, windy and stormy. I can hear Thunder too.

Lovely.

Advertisement