Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiled belly pork

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Posting recipes is done quite a bit on this forum - the accepted thing to do appears to be to type out the recipe, but definitely attribute it to the book it comes from and the author of that book (and usually big-up the book and recommend people buy it :D).

To date that's what's happened. Sometimes people will ask for a specific recipe ("Anyone got the brown bread recipe from Avoca? I'm in my Auntie's and the book is at home!") and someone else will comply, but I suppose the point is that, amidst this bunch of food fanatics, we're MORE likely to buy the book because of a recipe that's posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MoveOn

Alrighty then, here we go; from Homemade meals by Caroline Barty, Bridget Jones (yes, really) and Liz Wolf-Cohen...

1.25 kg belly of pork
    2 tbsp sunflower oil
    2 onions, finely chopped
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    200g chorizo sausage, skin removed & roughly chopped
    1 tbsp paprika
    800g tinned chopped tomatoes
    120 ml white wine
    2 bay leaves

Preheat the oven to 150 C / 300 F / Gas mark 2
    Cut the pork into 1 cm pieces
    Heat the oil in a large casserole & brown the pork in batches; transfer to a bowl
    Fry the onions & garlic for a few minutes
    Add the chorizo & fry for a few minutes; stir in the paprika
    Return the pork to the casserole & add the wine, tomatoes & bay leaves; cover & cook in the oven for 3 hours

A simple boiled/steamed veg or green salad accompaniment is all that's needed to serve.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

MoveOn wrote: »
    Alrighty then, here we go; from Homemade meals by Caroline Barty, Bridget Jones (yes, really) and Liz Wolf-Cohen...

1.25 kg belly of pork
    2 tbsp sunflower oil
    2 onions, finely chopped
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    200g chorizo sausage, skin removed & roughly chopped
    1 tbsp paprika
    800g tinned chopped tomatoes
    120 ml white wine
    2 bay leaves

Preheat the oven to 150 C / 300 F / Gas mark 2
    Cut the pork into 1 cm pieces
    Heat the oil in a large casserole & brown the pork in batches; transfer to a bowl
    Fry the onions & garlic for a few minutes
    Add the chorizo & fry for a few minutes; stir in the paprika
    Return the pork to the casserole & add the wine, tomatoes & bay leaves; cover & cook in the oven for 3 hours

A simple boiled/steamed veg or green salad accompaniment is all that's needed to serve.

Enjoy!

Sounds very nice and very simple.
    That's the way I like it:)
    Although, I'd cut the pork into 3cm cubes or bigger.

Advertisement