Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plassey Village

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Cappavilla because of the pedestrian bridge, if really only a 5min walk.

Thomond isn't that much further at all really. Possibly gaining a min or 2 at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

How long would walking from Drumroe be then? :O

Is there buses to and from on campus accomodation? or are they to town or where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Swizz wrote: »

Is there buses to and from on campus accomodation? or are they to town or where?

you dont need a bus form on campus the longest walk would be from plassey and that would be 10 mins the shortest depending on where your going would be dromroe or kilmurry

there are buses 'every 15 mins' to town

Swizz wrote: »

Dromrow is in the centre of campus, its near everything.

Theres 3 different bus companies as far as I know serving UL preety much going to UL from the city centre from 7 in the morning till a 11:15 at night. That wont be a problem.

Nice. There free aswell arent they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

the buses into town arent free, bus eireann is €1.60, the euro bus is €1.20, Dont know what the 3rd bus service is..... The bus to the outside estates is free as far as i know....

The only free bus I know of is the one that does the circle between UL, Courtyard student village and brookfield student village which I get every day, the bus driver wont let you off anywhere outside these 3 places. Handy service though.

Oh right fair enough.

Last question for the minute. What are the ensuites like in the on campus accomodation(Drumroe, Thomond, Cappavilla).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Think basic hotel room and you're there. The rooms in the apartment villages (Cappa-Drumroe-Thomond) are pretty much what I would regard as low grade hotel rooms, something like the Ibis if you've ever been in one. They're fine for student accomodation.

Apart from the buses mentioned, the SU run a nightlink which runs between most of the sudent accomodation on campus and in Castletroy and is a very handy (and free!) way of getting over to friends houses if you're going out or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    the buses into town arent free, bus eireann is €1.60, the euro bus is €1.20, Dont know what the 3rd bus service is..... The bus to the outside estates is free as far as i know....

The 3rd Service runsin the Evenings..... Its called the Night Bus..... Its run by the Students Union and is TOTALLY FREE....

There are 2 routes and the last one of the nights amalgamates the two of them...

Check An Focal for details!!

Advertisement