Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to watch Champion's League matches

Options
  • 24-02-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Well, the title says it all. What are the best places to watch Champion's League matches?

I'm not supporting any specific team (although watching the Portuguese teams would be nice), so a place where several games can be watched simultaneously would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

monroes, nice guinness too and pizza !

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Can I recommend the Dew Drop? really enjoy watching matches in there - can get a little bit hectic as its a bit on the small side but if you get a good sitting/standing spot then its the biz

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Farinha wrote:
    What are the best places to watch Champion's League matches?
    I'm probably going to get slated for this but I can't really recommend anywhere especially if you want to keep an eye on multiple games. The best of a bad lot in my opinion is the Living Room. For the Champions League they usually have both games being broadcast on different floors. There's also plenty of screens so you can usually find a decent place to sit or stand.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    monroes, nice guinness too and pizza !
    Personally I think the pizza is overpriced and not very tasty and I don't drink Guinness so neither of those reasons would appeal to me :).
    mercuroman wrote: »
    Can I recommend the Dew Drop? really enjoy watching matches in there - can get a little bit hectic as its a bit on the small side but if you get a good sitting/standing spot then its the biz
    The Dew Drop isn't bad but if it gets crowded it can be a bit claustrophobic. Unfortunately because of it's small size it can get crowded very easily :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Just seen in the Galway Independent/Sentinel all matches being shown in Fibbers and Foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Fagan's Sports Bar on Eyre Square (beneath the Hotel Meyrick) has a good few screens. You can ask one of the staff there if they can accommodate your request. You might have to ring ahead to make sure of a screen on big game nights.

• Advertisement
Advertisement