Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Bluetooth / Handsfree

• 24-02-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an Iphone for about 2 months now. Im on the road a lot and use it on hands free on 3 different bluetooth devices one in a sony erricson earpiece another is a parott ck3100, and the other is a nokia bluetooth kit.
    When using any one of the 3 kits, I end up picking up the phone because the other person cant hear me, it has been described to me as if I was getting the volume on the mic and putting it to full then to low during the call, I have tried every setting changing volume etc even moving the mic closer on the car kit, nothing works.
    All 3 kits worked perfect with my previous blackberry. I have also updated to 2.2.1 on the iphone and hoped this would fix it.

Has anyone else had a problem with the quality of calls using bluetooth?
    Im about to return the phone because i cant use it as it stands.. I dont want to everything else is great on the iphone but the bluetooth is a big let down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

bg wrote: »
    Hi
    I have an Iphone for about 2 months now. Im on the road a lot and use it on hands free on 3 different bluetooth devices one in a sony erricson earpiece another is a parott ck3100, and the other is a nokia bluetooth kit.
    When using any one of the 3 kits, I end up picking up the phone because the other person cant hear me, it has been described to me as if I was getting the volume on the mic and putting it to full then to low during the call, I have tried every setting changing volume etc even moving the mic closer on the car kit, nothing works.
    All 3 kits worked perfect with my previous blackberry. I have also updated to 2.2.1 on the iphone and hoped this would fix it.

Has anyone else had a problem with the quality of calls using bluetooth?
    Im about to return the phone because i cant use it as it stands.. I dont want to everything else is great on the iphone but the bluetooth is a big let down.
    I have been using the Apple branded bluetooth earpiece on the road a good bit in the last few months without any of the symptoms that you have described. Apples own headset was the only one that I could get to pair with the iPhone at all. Are you sure that what is happening isn't a software incompatibility with the 3 headsets that you previously had. Does the iPhone work with Apples own headset?

Advertisement