Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Pricing

Options
  • 24-02-2009 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Game are selling the Orange box for PC for 19.99,

there are also selling Portal for 24.99, team fortress 2 for 24.99 and the half life episode for 24.99, how retarded is that, I pointed it out to them and they said yea thats the price nothing we can do, I've seen this type of thing quite a lot , they had Dawn of war the complete collection for 19.99 at one time while they had Soulstorm for 24.99.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont buy it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well I'm going to buy the orange box, I'm not going to buy the others, no one will I'm sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MooseJam wrote: »
    no one will I'm sure

Thats the thing, they'll find someone foolish to buy them. There are loads of mugs buying shíte games and judging them by their cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Steam charges €30 for the Orange Box. You don't even get a box.

Talk about a rip-off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They had a preowned copy of Fallout 3 or something for 60euro....RIGHT Beside another copy of the exact same game for 40 Euro, and on the shelf I think it was on special or something for 35

They confuse me half the time

However, not as bad as PC World/Currys or the likes who are just lost when it comes to pricing games. HONESTLY....Fifa 07 was priced at 45 euro, this was 2 weeks ago !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They had a preowned copy of Fallout 3 or something for 60euro....RIGHT Beside another copy of the exact same game for 40 Euro, and on the shelf I think it was on special or something for 35

They confuse me half the time

However, not as bad as PC World/Currys or the likes who are just lost when it comes to pricing games. HONESTLY....Fifa 07 was priced at 45 euro, this was 2 weeks ago !

Sigh...

They suck at pricing games, you just know when you see Fifa 07 sold at a price like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I say sometimes its a mistake and pricing labels haven't been updated. Others are probably the single games were bought awhile ago and they're trying to recover the cost, while Value changed the orange pack RRP or distributor gave them some deal.

Saying that I was in GAME the other day and they had megadrive collection for ps3 on a stand. On the same shelf there was two prices, left side was €39.99 and right side was €34.99. Both covers looked the same.

Advertisement