Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webcam

Options
  • 24-02-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all

I am just setting up a webcam for a website. When the webcam is live, how will I link to it so I can display it on a webpage?

Many thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I think maybe you should have looked at this a little bit before buyign the webcam. :)

Do you just want static images that update every minute? If so, thenjust google webcam ftp software and you'll find things that can do that. Just leave the software running on a PC and it'll work.

If you want live video, then you'll need a video streaming server and things get a little tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saoranach

sorry should have clarified its running on an axis video server is connecting to the main router but as far as i can gather i need to open port 80 on my firewall, and i'm at a loss to do that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Using the server to connect through your router isn't easy. For a start you need a fixed IP (or use a dynamic IP service). Then you need to port forward through the router.
    I've tried it and got it working once with abelcam software. However unable with my 4 Y-cam cameras in Dunmore East.
    You can of course use ftp to upload single images and access them on your website. That's what I do on dunmorewebcams.com

Advertisement