Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co Sleeping.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Superdaddy wrote: »
    My view is that it's fair enough co-sleeping to breastfeed an infant, but two adults sleeping with the infant just increases the risks unnecessarily. I am Not saying Dads shouldn't be involved in any part of parenting. I just think it's best if the baby isn't sandwiched between both parents each night. It's a risk i'm unwilling to take.

So it's okay if Daddy sleeps with the infant & Mum sleeps in another bed? Just not both together? And only if the child is breastfeeding... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Ludo wrote: »
    Didnt get back to sleep again at all as the one I was "sleeping" with moves around all over the place and I don't trust him not to fall out of the bed when I am alone in it with him. it has happened before and since then I don't get any sleep when I am with him. A slightly worse than usual night but typically enough involved everyone moving beds at some stage during the night. Feckin wrecked at this stage from it all and have no idea how to go about solving it. Have tried everything.

Ludo,
    We use a toddler rail which is a great peace of mind.

Click on the link below to see Tomy Universal Bed Rail - Blue. (cat no. 3753701) £21.49 * on argos.co.uk
    http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=3753701

Maybe you will get some sleep using it too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Superdaddy wrote: »

It's difficult enough for people to find the time and the mood for sex without having a baby between them in the bed. It is part of the reason my relationship with my sons mother failed. And before you start judging and reading between the lines, I said part. The other part was that she is a nutter.

This says more about a puritanical 18th century enlightment [same period interestingly that the cot was invented] over sexualised perception of the bed. Is the bed the only place you can think of to have sex? It could force you to become a little more creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coralcathy

had my fisrt son in "the big bed" for 6 years.....

4month old now in with us...............

works for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This says more about a puritanical 18th century enlightment [same period interestingly that the cot was invented] over sexualised perception of the bed.

For me, it's more about the overly practical 21st century perception of the parental bed, considering infant-induced narcolepsy, therewith as the most congruent place for the often sequential acts of sleep and sex.

I do admire the new parents that still shag incessantly in the attic, garden, and cubby-holes though, don't get me wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

This says more about a puritanical 18th century enlightment [same period interestingly that the cot was invented] over sexualised perception of the bed. Is the bed the only place you can think of to have sex? It could force you to become a little more creative.

Nothing wrong with my creativity, thanks:D. Its just a nice making love to your wife/ partner before drifting off to sleep rather than humping in the garden shed or spare room. There is more to sex than just sex:)
    So it's okay if Daddy sleeps with the infant & Mum sleeps in another bed? Just not both together? And only if the child is breastfeeding... :confused:
    Don't understand your confusion. It's just my opinion so don't worry yourself with it.

Advertisement