Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF 2 - Ranking System

Options
  • 24-02-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Got into BF 2 recently, cant seem to get ranked or points for some reason. Got a few awards in games but none are saved. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well one reason i found didnt help is that you have to stay until the end of a game for them to be added on , so if there is time left on clock or points left you will need to finish the round .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

Do you mean per map or full round?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

end of the round . would that explain it ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Are you sure that you're playing on RANKED servers. They are the ones that have the ranked chevron symbol next to them in the server browser window (gold stripes).

Haven't had a chance to play since but was definatly playing on ranked servers. Maybe it was cos I wasn't waiting for the end of round, some of those games go on for hours!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Get some nuts, pussy. hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I do not think waiting till the end of the round matters as its saved server side and then uploaded after each game. I think you may not be on ranked servers at all.

I do not think waiting till the end of the round matters as its saved server side and then uploaded after each game. I think you may not be on ranked servers at all.

I think he's right though. someone here tested it when the game first came out.
    Actually you can create a new account and try it for yourself ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I do not think waiting till the end of the round matters as its saved server side and then uploaded after each game.
    Pretty sure you have to be playing for a certain length of time before it's credited to your account.

Was on last night and played 5 maps, finishing each one but there was no increase in experience on the promotion bar......... any chance I'm missing an add on or something?

• Advertisement

runningman wrote: »
    Was on last night and played 5 maps, finishing each one but there was no increase in experience on the promotion bar......... any chance I'm missing an add on or something?

Nope, but it does take some time for the server you're playing on to send that info to the central server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

runningman wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to play since but was definatly playing on ranked servers. Maybe it was cos I wasn't waiting for the end of round, some of those games go on for hours!!

There was always a delay updating stats but am sure you have to complete the round too,hence peeps quitting servers because their team is losing and dun wan the loss recorded.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

Having played this game three years I can tell you that ea's master system is one rediculously flawed system..

Often it takes a while for their master system to update your scores, an example of its flaw is getting the same medal/ribbon consistantly.....which has happened to me many a time.

I wouldnt worry about it...the very same thing happens in 2142.

Advertisement