Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F**k me! Faith No More to gig in Europe in 2009!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They have been announced for the Hurricane festival in Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They have been announced for the Hurricane festival in Germany

Really takes the sting out of Download!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Looks like I'll be getting my wish. :D

Download Dog has been leaking hints on the Download forums the last few hours and it's spelt out FNM.

Looks like I'll be getting my wish. :D

Download Dog has been leaking hints on the Download forums the last few hours and it's spelt out FNM.

Loving the way plenty of people on those forums are moaning bout FNM, yet the server is crashing a bit for me. Yeah, cos they aren't anyway important now:rolleyes:

Mushy wrote: »
    Loving the way plenty of people on those forums are moaning bout FNM, yet the server is crashing a bit for me. Yeah, cos they aren't anyway important now:rolleyes:

I can see where they are coming from in a way, a lot of younger people (and I only just scrap out of that demographic :p) won't realise how big FNM are/were or won't even know who they are. Still, they need to STFU :pac:.

And yep, site is falling over.

• Advertisement

I can see where they are coming from in a way, a lot of younger people (and I only just scrap out of that demographic :p) won't realise how big FNM are/were or won't even know who they are. Still, they need to STFU :pac:.

And yep, site is falling over.

One person went on to say that he wouldn't see FNM cos they have prospect of possibly being interesting, whereas Green Day do:eek:. I came to the conclusion there and then that this person has no idea about wider music than Kerrang. Mike PAtton...uninteresting...WHAT? I won't profess to be an expert on FNM, but to class GD as more interesting than FNM, ya must've grown up watchin paint dry.

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I hope Patton gives those Download tossers the most ****ed up set list you can ever imagine. Just picture those Green Day loving tits spitting at Patton only to look on in horror as he opens his mouth to catch the spit. That'll learn them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I wonder will we get a gig based on Download bands?
    FNM, Manson and the Crue would be sweet!

Nea wrote: »
    I wonder will we get a gig based on Download bands?
    FNM, Manson and the Crue would be sweet!

There is, but not with the band you want and not under the Download moniker like in '06 :). Can't mention who but I'm sure if you Snaked a Def Journey through ticketmaster you'll figure it out :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

One buttmunch on that Download forum said (in not these exact word, I have to remember it because there's no Copy & Paste facilities on my iPhone) "I guess it's because there was loads of hype around the headliners and it turned out to be completely boring!" May I say "What a fûcking idiot!"

• Advertisement

Pardon the D-Post.
    There is, but not with the band you want and not under the Download moniker like in '06 :). Can't mention who but I'm sure if you Snaked a Def Journey through ticketmaster you'll figure it out :p.
    Nicely done.

On-Topic: I hope Patton will dedicate We Care A Lot to those haters at Download then pours a bottle of piss over his head! "Uninteresting" & "Boring"??? Yeah right...

Nailz wrote: »
    One buttmunch on that Download forum said (in not these exact word, I have to remember it because there's no Copy & Paste facilities on my iPhone) "I guess it's because there was loads of hype around the headliners and it turned out to be completely boring!" May I say "What a fûcking idiot!"

Yes, yes you certainly can. I also fully endorse this title for any tool who would class it as "boring".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Never thought I'd see the day when people disliked FNM. The cheek of them. I bet they lapped up the second tomahawk album, but that's it from Pattons back catalogue. They're the kind of people who go to Fantomas gigs and shout up to the stage requesting "Easy"... Still, this could be the first time I go to Download.... and every other festival in Europe!

Never thought I'd see the day when people disliked FNM. The cheek of them. I bet they lapped up the second tomahawk album, but that's it from Pattons back catalogue. They're the kind of people who go to Fantomas gigs and shout up to the stage requesting "Easy"... Still, this could be the first time I go to Download.... and every other festival in Europe!

I'm guessing people not liking FNM for this headline slot wouldn't know who the hell Fantomas or Tomahawk are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think this quote kind of mad my mind up to go to Download:
    my dad saw them twice when they toured with Guns N Roses & Metallica, he has 2 t-shirts somewhere

It made me realise the place will be full of kids, so I'll easily be able to beat my way to the front. :D

Also, the Download forums are a perfect example why forums should only allow small signatures on posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Balls forgot about this due to not being arsed with it. Download has a great line up but its not for me. Wanna se FNM tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

what's the point in reforming?
    They were a great band - leave it at that
    ****ing hate this reforming of bands to earn a few bucks - fair enough if there was a new album but this is a cash in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It all depends on how they play. If they still have the magic of their old gigs, then it;ll be fantastic. If they can put that down on a new album, that's even better. And sure, if they're terrible, it doesn't stop their original stuff being class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

please god dont let that be their only gig its smack bang in the middle of the LC

:mad::(:(:(

please god dont let that be their only gig its smack bang in the middle of the LC

:mad::(:(:(
    Now that would be horrible!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

theyre playing ox3g3n arent they???? heard yesterday anyway. id love to see them!! ( mike patton i mean <3 and puffy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

watched all the youtube links to the FNM phoenix festival. awesome stuff!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I hope they play a stand-alone gig rather than another festival. Last year was Rage Against The Machine at a certain festival in Punchestown. Which, while one of my personal favorite gigs, did require entrance to that gathering of fúckwits. But the prospect of one of the bands that formed my personality finally getting together for a gig... it's too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Don't think they'll be playing Rock Am Ring seeing they have been announced for hurricane:(:(:(

Really hope they play a gig here on their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Nailz wrote: »
    Now that would be horrible!

it is horrible!!!!! making wild plans to go and come back for physics.. it CAN be done.. or else go to hurricane festival in germany but the download lineup this year is f*ckin epic:pac:

cant...miss....FNM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I hope they play a stand-alone gig rather than another festival. Last year was Rage Against The Machine at a certain festival in Punchestown. Which, while one of my personal favorite gigs, did require entrance to that gathering of fúckwits. But the prospect of one of the bands that formed my personality finally getting together for a gig... it's too good to be true.

All in favour of official re-naming...

WELCOME TO G.O.F..EUROPES NO.1 ROCK'N'ROLL WEEKEND!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Sanjuro wrote: »

+1 I NEED to see FNM ..but they NEED to not play that bs excuse for a festival.

I will not miss the the perfect opportunity to see one of my favourite bands play this summer (I've a feeling it's once in a lifetime) so if it's England, Germany or Punchestown, I'll be there... For one of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

I bet download will just be a warm up for them and will announce more dates between now and then.

Also, i nearly jizzlobbered in my pants when i heard the news of the reunion :D

I would love them to make another album more than seein them live...albums are for life..gigs are for weekends ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement