Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall Rollcall

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

With release day looming, just seeing who has pre-ordered and what races they're planning on going!

I've pre-ordered and plan on going Mirdain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Pre ordered, downloaded. sat here pressing f5 on darkfall forums.

Dunno what race... something real ugly anyway... wolf thing or orc ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be going Mahirim i think. I'm kinda worried that they are going to be the most popular choice though, so i might change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'll be going Mirdain also, me, Funky, Da Bounca and a few others from work have joined a guild called the Homeless, gimme a PM if anybodies interested ;)

Requirement is mirdain, dwarf or human though.

Most beta players will be playing Alfar. Most non-beta players will probably be either Human or Mahrim with perhaps a slight bias towards human.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Inhuman Human here!

In the longrun I'd like to be based out at sea (not unlike a pirate) but for now it's mearly bulding up some land based skills...you scurvy sea dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I'll be playing whenever it goes live, if my client download finishes by then.
    Not sure what race to play but im gonna try and be a lesser used race, i always seem to join the most popular race e.g humans/ elves/ caldari(fail) .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

My Mahirim guild fell through,mostly because of the lack of 4 legged running. Anyway I'll be rolling human,just like in beta, and joining Realm of Kirdain.

HYPERION ZERG!

Looks like i will change to Human or Mirdain afterall, as most of you guys are doing that. Any work on when the servers are going to be up? I'm in work and cant check the official forums.

Not a peep out of aventurine today, so far.
    Im dying to play !

It's expected to be some time between 2 and 4 GMT but I would have thought'd have heard something by now if that was likely to be the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll be going Mahirim i think. I'm kinda worried that they are going to be the most popular choice though, so i might change that.

Dont worry about it.
    Its gonna be Humans/Alfars with the most players.

I'm Alfar myself.

• Advertisement

zzzzzz... its 5:15pm on greece now ! the forums have been down the past 20 mins and I cant login !!!!!! :(

As long as they are up by 8ish i'll be happy. In the meantime, i'm reading everything i can find about the game, and my god does it sound good. If they can promise half of what they say, and have an enjoyable (enough) combat system, then [Scottish]its gonna be great.[/Scottish]

im getting a error #3 Account not active when trying to login.

That means they've swapped the live database with the beta one, shouldnt be too much longer now ;)

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    im getting a error #3 Account not active when trying to login.
    Someone's been sitting at their desk all day spamming login :p

Em nooooooooooooooo..... only the past 3 hours ! :D

oh oh oh ... hold the phone !!! getting a timeout error #2 now !!!

ONLY 1 TO GO NOW!!

I actually wish i was home doing this :(

Admin server is up now, shouldnt be too long now!

Kiith, gimme a PM when you are about after work, gotta give you the GSC (free voice comms supporting up to 200 people) details.

Anyone else interested in joining our DFO guild gimme a shout, Human, Elf/Mirdain and Dwarf only. Good few people so far and about 20-30% Irish so far :)

Sweet, looks like it might be up just in time for me to get home. Here hoping anyway (although knowing my luck, they will come online at about midnight, when i'm in bed). At least i have the whole weekend off anyway.

And will do Ivan. Should be back by 8ish, and will sign up to the site you PM'd me.

• Advertisement

what the FAAAAAAAAARK is taking so long....

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Thats their motto.
    Its also what everyone has been asking for the past 8 years or so

Bah! I'm home and its still now working dagnammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thinking of playing a human. Won't get to play until Saturday so thankfully I can avoid all the opening day frustration.

Hmm, just got an email saying that i had purchased the game, so it better be up soon.

yeah i heard a few people got an email saying that. Didnt get one myself yet.

I didnt get one either AAAAAAAAAHHHH IM GOIN NUTS !

I'm going to leave it till tomorrow anyway. Cant be arsed sitting around waiting for it, especially since i have to be in work at 7am again.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/archive/index.php/t-142260.html

We’ve been waiting for the pre-orders to process through billing and it has been moving along but not fast enough. We’re almost done with this. Many of you will be getting notifications of this during this process. As soon as this is concluded we’ll process the accounts and open up the servers for the pre-orders. This will be done tonight; the game has been ready and waiting.

Unfortunately we’re running behind schedule as far as opening up the extra sales which we hoped to do tonight as well. We’ll do this tomorrow as early as possible, likely sometime around noon GMT time, around the time of our first scheduled maintenance. At this time we will also process the problematic accounts which had 0 euro problems, no charges, no balance, but received a successful pre-order message. We are also looking into the few cases that have pre-ordered but have not received a confirmation email and we will resolve all these issues. Most of these problems were due to a combination of lag, multiple sessions, and multiple charge attempts.

We want to thank you for your patience again, and we would like to let you know that we’re adding a couple more days to the free month of play making them 33 for everyone that pre-ordered and that will buy the game tomorrow. This is to make up for any bad experience with the account management, the lag and the delays you’ve had to face with purchasing.

The traffic volume we’ve been experiencing has been unbelievably high because of the initial rush and was compounded by users hammering the system with multiple sessions. You should also know that we have been doing everything necessary to resolve all these issues as soon as possible.

We’ll post again as soon as the server is open.

Balls anyway, i hope its not the same ****e tomorrow.

• Advertisement

they finally took my moneys.... Apparently they are sorting the billing out manually

Advertisement