Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall Rollcall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

**** !!1 I wont be able to steal it :P

But seriously when they servers crash or get taken down my position got reset back to town.

I assume your all playing again due to the silence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Dont think they are. This is the latest news:

3.00 PM GMT

We didn’t manage to completely eliminate the sync issue affecting players in the game earlier today. Our real-time monitor alerted us of this as soon as we brought up the server and players started entering the game. We need to take more time to address this. There is no ETA as of yet. We’ll keep you posted on any developments.

Hmmm... the servers were left online last night. Mostly everyone was just picking flowers or choppin wood. Thats all you could do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just waiting for the patch to download. I'm hoping the servers are up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm really starting to worry that they just totally screwed this launch. Its been out for 2 days now, and the servers have been up for maybe 2-3 hours, and even then there were unplayable sync issues. I hope to god they get it sorted soon, with the last 24 hours being a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

why are you STILL worrying?
    it was a terrible launch!!!

late opening servers,
    servers werent even up for long as you said.
    half the people who pre ordered the game couldnt play because of mess ups witht he billing system.
    they "sold out" lol,even though its a digital download, therefore unlimited amounts of copies.
    and still after 2 days havent "restocked".

the launch was a failure, simple as.
    and considering they delayed the game an extra month to stop this stuff from happening.

i work up at about 9 and servers are up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Ive been playing for an hour or 2 now, from the combat i did the sync seemed alright, bar maybe one goblin out of 20.

Found some guys corpse full of stuff so that was nice.

Widescreen not working for me though. its all stretched out.

I was regretting pre-ordering for most of the last 2 days, but now im playing im pretty happy.

Patching now, and will play for a little bit today. Have loads to do though, so wont get to fully test it till tomorrow. Hopefully they have things in hand now.

• Advertisement

getting a little bored now of playing it on my own :( any decent clans recruiting :D

Played it for an hour there, and loved it. Its very different from any mmo i've played. Had some fun with a group of 2 others and took out some trolls, which gave me some money and 20+ sulphar (used for spells later). I've also stolen a load of stuff now. Have a nice staff, shortsword and shield, and a fair number of arrows. Ah to be an ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Enjoying it so far. The dynamic combat with mobs is good, more realistic (in the absence of real players). Have filled my vault with loot in case I get jumped (made 700 g so far :)).

It's amazing how many cities have been claimed already. Organisation and beta access obviously paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    why are you STILL worrying?
    it was a terrible launch!!!

late opening servers,
    servers werent even up for long as you said.
    half the people who pre ordered the game couldnt play because of mess ups witht he billing system.
    they "sold out" lol,even though its a digital download, therefore unlimited amounts of copies.
    and still after 2 days havent "restocked".

the launch was a failure, simple as.
    and considering they delayed the game an extra month to stop this stuff from happening.
    Sure it's a digital download but they only have 1 server and so it has a maximum amount of capacity.

The sync issues were unexpected but not uncommon in MMOs and it has been sorted as of now. I've been on now and aside from some very minor rubber banding mobs, the sync issue has been completely sorted.

Finally, regarding the pre-orders I thought it was all BS personally. I put in my details which I'm 100% were correct and was told they didnt go through and that they would continue trying. I assumed that they would just give some BS spiel a few hours later and reopen the pre-orders and let people all buy again in an effort to reduce the total copies sold/players joining, but I got an email off them saying that my order had been manually added and I received my account.

As I said, have been logged in all morning and it's working out quite nicely :)
    And Tyrant, our clan the Homeless are taking a handful more people. We're mirdain/dwarf and human only though and have our city all set up :)

Gimme a pm or something if you wanna talk more.

yeah cool,
    ill get in contact as soon as i get in.
    im just waiting for them to re open sales.

it will be good to play with some irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Wow this release sneaked passed me, although by the sounds of things it was for the best. Think ill hold off for a few weeks till everything seems stable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Ivan wrote: »
    Sure it's a digital download but they only have 1 server and so it has a maximum amount of capacity.

The sync issues were unexpected but not uncommon in MMOs and it has been sorted as of now. I've been on now and aside from some very minor rubber banding mobs, the sync issue has been completely sorted.

Finally, regarding the pre-orders I thought it was all BS personally. I put in my details which I'm 100% were correct and was told they didnt go through and that they would continue trying. I assumed that they would just give some BS spiel a few hours later and reopen the pre-orders and let people all buy again in an effort to reduce the total copies sold/players joining, but I got an email off them saying that my order had been manually added and I received my account.

As I said, have been logged in all morning and it's working out quite nicely :)
    And Tyrant, our clan the Homeless are taking a handful more people. We're mirdain/dwarf and human only though and have our city all set up :)

Gimme a pm or something if you wanna talk more.

Hey i saw the message "The Homeless have captured a city", i thought it was ironc :pac:

i believe theyre gona be opening up the sales thingy soon.
    and yer man brannoc said to keep an eye on the news forum for when it will be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

*adds homeless to kos list*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Cool, always need more people attacking us. Gets so boring carrying all that lovely loot back from the NPCs, all alone and with less than 30% stamina. And I always get so lost and confused that I have to stand still for 10 minutes macro'ing mana missile into the air while I trawl the forums for that really great map.

So yeah, care to let us know what clan you are in Kokane? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Cool, always need more people attacking us. Gets so boring carrying all that lovely loot back from the NPCs, all alone and with less than 30% stamina. And I always get so lost and confused that I have to stand still for 10 minutes macro'ing mana missile into the air while I trawl the forums for that really great map.

He's in bad boyz for life or something similar. I'm in Realm of Kirdain but If I get bored of being in the Hyperion ZERG I think I'll hop over to the homeless since all of you seem to be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

You're better off macroing your mana missile at a bindstone and target yourself.
    You gain faster if you hit a target plus you gain Rigor or whatever else comes with being hit.

Yeah its called Bad Boys for Life, the one I'm in, lol

KoKane wrote: »
    You're better off macroing your mana missile at a bindstone and target yourself.
    You gain faster if you hit a target plus you gain Rigor or whatever else comes with being hit
    Thats what i had set my pc up to do tonight, while i worked for 12 hours, but then the servers went down at 20:30 :( Will do it again tomorrow night, but wont be afk as i got my laptop connected to the net through my phone. May as well make my night shifts productive. :p

Update on macros.
    Tasos wrote:
    Anyone macroing within the tower protected areas will be warned once, and then kicked. Repeated violations could result in a ban. Spamming spells or any other disruptive macroing activity within the tower protected areas will be kicked without warning. Repeated violations could result in a ban.

Unattended macroing could get you kicked anywhere in the world depending on the situation. You engage in it at your own risk.

Any use of third party programs which modify or alter the game including cheats, hacks, mods, bots will instantly result in a permanent ban. There will be no appeal. No excuses such as “I was just testing” will be accepted. We will detect and enforce aggressively.

Thank you,

The Darkfall Team

Nice, He even mentioned that hacks ! I feel much better about this games future now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

How much does an account cost? Downloading the client and waiting for them to open the shop again.

42 euro,
    but i think theres a 2 euro charge too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

How much does an account cost? Downloading the client and waiting for them to open the shop again.

42 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Think it works out at just under 50. People in europe have to pay 19% tax i think.

• Advertisement

Had some great PvP fun earlier on, when we attacked a small hamlet with 6 or 7 players harvesting. There was 4 of us, decently armed, and they were mostly naked while harvesting, but was great fun (and got a fair bit of wood). We managed to sneak right up to their bank without being noticed, and killed two of them before they could do anything. Killed the others a few times as well, but then they called in reinforcements, and we had a running battle back to our city. As we got closer to home, we got a few more people, and killed them one last time.

Good times...although i am -100 alignment now, after ganking a few of them :pac:

Advertisement