Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor for portrait use

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a 19" monitor that can swivel on its side for portrait use. I've seen some that are cheap but don't swivel and others that do but are expensive. As it will be a secondary display I don't want something expensive. Anyone come across one or a stand that can attach at the back to a cheap monitor?

Jman.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

This? Can't find much else, but unless someone drops those silly HP monitors down below €150 this'll be your best (or at least cheapest) bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dell do some great portrait monitors, afaik you have to buy a seperate vesa stand for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Solitaire wrote: »
    This? Can't find much else, but unless someone drops those silly HP monitors down below €150 this'll be your best (or at least cheapest) bet.

Thanks - that looks good combined with a monitor from pixmania all in for less than €150. I presume it fits most monitors via VESA?

I have the HP monitor at work and its fantastic - pity about the price as you say....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've a Hyundai L90D that rotates but it's about 4-5 years old now - but there must be loads of similar still available.

Check out: http://compreviews.about.com/od/multimedia/ss/Dell2005FPWTour_7.htm

Advertisement