Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advert for ticket tout.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Report the post - that way the relevant mods will be notified and take action if necessary. they mightn't see this thread in time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Steve wrote: »
    Report the post - that way the relevant mods will be notified and take action if necessary. they mightn't see this thread in time.:)
    It's not a post, it's an ad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's a Google ad we can't really do anything about it I think.
    We just sell them a frame, they put anything they want in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

biko wrote: »
    If it's a Google ad we can't really do anything about it I think.
    We just sell them a frame, they put anything they want in it.

They've managed to block specific categories of ads before AFAIK (although I could be wrong here)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Blowfish wrote: »
    It's not a post, it's an ad. :)
    Yeah, sorry, I realise that now.
    I think google-ads picks up on keywords in the thread and selects a related ad to display.
    cornbb wrote: »
    They've managed to block specific categories of ads before AFAIK (although I could be wrong here)
    I remember reading something about that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Big difference between 1796EUR and 528USD so the ad site is selling at 4+ times face value, ridiculous touting.

I just use my out-of-the-box stupidity filtering to block myself from buying them. :D

Advertisement