Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help Me Cat Owners!

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I adopted my lovely 1 year old cat from the DSPCA about 5 months ago.
    I live with my flatmate and together we try to be at home as much as possible for her. At the most she is on her own for 3 or four hours a day and the odd day maybe up to 7 hours. This worked out fine when we first had her but she started to stop urinating in her litter box and started to do it in the shower. When the shower door is closed she will do it against the shower door. She then started to urinate against the apartment front door. We always make sure that the litter box is clean for her and she will use the litter box also. She even does it when we are home. We noticed her urinating against the front door when we were home yesterday.

She does not urinate in the bedrooms where there is carpet and she has started doing it in the living room now. - under a table in a hidden place and also in an open place agains the wall beside the tv.

She is an indoors cat and we live in a large apartment. We have a large balcony with high walls and she gets to go outside to watch the birds the odd time supervised. Recently she wants to go out there more often which is stressful because she is getting more confident and attempting to climb the wall which is dangerous because we live in a second floor apartment.
    She has plenty of toys and gets lots of attention.

Does anyone have ideas as to why she is doing this? Is there something we are doing wrong? Can anyone reccommend a resolution?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Urinary tract infection. Vet.

(Unless of course she hates the cat litter you're using, or you're not changing it often enough. But I'd try the vet first.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 catzrus

I agree, firstly have her checked by the vet to ensure she does not have an infection.

Have you changed her litter recently??

Just a note for when cleaning where she has peed - do not use bleach as this can make her think there is another cat, use white vinegar to clean the spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Is she spayed?

Advertisement