Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best, nicest, quietest apartments in Limerick

• 24-02-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm currently living in lockMills apartments in a share with my mate and its spot on but the insulation between apartments is terrible and I can hear everything! When the upstairs nackers are going to the loo I can hear of its a no1 or no2! lol not brilliant when you get woke up and hear it at 3 am lol.

Anyway, I've 8 odd weeks left of my lease and I am outta here! Question is where am I to go next? I'd prefer a 1 bed apartment on my own but I'm willing to pay the extra for a 2 bed on my own, max about 800 pm depending on quality/space etc.

I lived in the Carlton apartments on Henry Street over a year ago for 6 months and to be honest I should have never moved, They were excellent and I never once heard a noise from my neighbours!

but what about the Riverpoint or anywhere else? I heard some bad reports about the riverpoint being flooded etc but what about noise and build quality anyone actually live there??

I don't think steamboat or across the road is an option, seems like a bit of a dump, had a look around in the past.

any opnions or other options??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Strand look really nice and the City Central development ones are just :eek: amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the strand is pretty awesome,
    but if you dont fancy moving far, fishermans quay i never had a problem with noise in. nice views, and ur used to everything out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Riverpoint have good insulation. only had issue once with Russians 2 floors down playing trance at all hours of the night. Gards called on occasion. After about 2 weeks mgmt company kicked them out.

There are a fair few wmpty apartments. Advertised as 900 but you should be able to get for 800 in current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

For €800 you could rent a 3 bed semi detached. Loads on Daft.ie.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Living in Lansdowne hall, on O'Callaghans strand(down by st michaels rowing club), it's pretty quiet, you might hear some muffled noise from the next appartment over, and the pipes can sometimes be heard, but on the whole there's rarely parties,as there are lots of older couples and familes living in the complex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭The Bull O'Shea

For 800 pm you are in control not the landlord. In this market landlords will be lined up for your 800pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

City Central (Bedford Row) are well soundproofed, as are the Riverpoint.
    Riverpoint has two bedrooms starting at €800pm
    City Central have one bedrooms from €650 and two bedrooms from €800.

Both are done up really well, but I prefer the Bedford Row apartments (it's why I chose them!:P).
    Riverpoint can obviously have better views.
    I'm not sure about the general upkeeep of the riverpoint, but there were a few issues with City Central at first.
    The lifts and hallways upkeep wasn't great.
    They've started throwing people out if they are caught repeatedly littering however.
    (Never made sense to me! Bins everywhere and they throw rubbish on the floor!:mad:)
    They're also good with anyone who does breach the peace.
    Anyone causing trouble gets one warning.
    Second strike, and your out.
    A few apartments were emptied out after trouble over new years for instance.

Both buildings are managed by Kerstyn Mehl, so I'd say they'd be your best bet.

Landlords are desparate at the moment. Haggle them down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment in the Strand Complex. The apartments are of the highest quality, finished to an amazing spec throughout. I've never had any issues with noise. You have secure underground car parking and free broadband included in your rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A few apartments were emptied out after trouble over new years for instance.

What a fight! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The Strand is only quiet if you dont get one that is anywhere near the Strand Hotel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

slinky2000 wrote: »

I lived in the Carlton apartments on Henry Street over a year ago for 6 months and to be honest I should have never moved, They were excellent and I never once heard a noise from my neighbours!

Theres a 2-bedroom after becoming available in the Carlton. I may have come a little early for you but I think we have seen a few people move out in favour of cheaper accomodation. If you want contact details, PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 long lost son

Castle Court On Clancy Strand is very quite any 2 bed for 700-800

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Theres a 2-bedroom after becoming available in the Carlton. I may have come a little early for you but I think we have seen a few people move out in favour of cheaper accomodation. If you want contact details, PM me!

OH OH:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

I'd second that about Castle Court. Of course it is extra quiet on that road at the moment as very few cars can go up it.

Castle Court On Clancy Strand is very quite any 2 bed for 700-800

Offer them 600 and threaten to leave if they dont take it. Rent is falling around the country, you will regret it if you dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

cheers for the advice lads, still a bit early yet but I'll defo be on the look on next month!

I was lookin at the roverpoint ones but then I realised none of them have balconeys?!? they dont seem to anyway looking at them fromt he road.

I'll give my old landlord in the carlton a ring first to see if hes got anything then I might look at the strand,castlecourt etc

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Hey Guys,

I'm currently living in lockMills apartments in a share with my mate and its spot on but the insulation between apartments is terrible and I can hear everything! When the upstairs nackers are going to the loo I can hear of its a no1 or no2! lol not brilliant when you get woke up and hear it at 3 am lol.

Is that the block facing the canal. i've noticed a certain scum amount lately in that block. you know, chavs and fat arses in pink PJs pushing prams...

i'm in the other block tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Is that the block facing the canal. i've noticed a certain scum amount lately in that block. you know, chavs and fat arses in pink PJs pushing prams...

i'm in the other block tho :D

It is indeed. to be honest the whole complex has them lol. its not them that annoy me, its just the crappy build quality and I can even hear people upstairs walking around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

now that a lot of non-nationals are leaving they have to fill the empty flats somehow. at any cost as it look like...

I'd rather live with a polish couple next door then with the local knackers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

cheers for the advice lads, still a bit early yet but I'll defo be on the look on next month!

I was lookin at the roverpoint ones but then I realised none of them have balconeys?!? they dont seem to anyway looking at them fromt he road.

I'll give my old landlord in the carlton a ring first to see if hes got anything then I might look at the strand,castlecourt etc

:)

The top apartments have balconies.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Christinalit

if anyone has landlords number from castle court apartments or any landlord of a nice apartment in the caherdavin area of the city I would really apreciate it if ye would private message it to me icon7.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

if anyone has landlords number from castle court apartments or any landlord of a nice apartment in the caherdavin area of the city I would really apreciate it if ye would private message it to me icon7.gif

What possessed you to drag up a thread from 2009?

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement