Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Playground

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Can any of ye tell me if the playground in the castle has been re-opened yet? Was a major disappointment to our two kiddies when we visited last Easter last year to discover it was closed. The Discovery Park one is excellent, but was hoping to take that in on the way home. Any playgrounds in the town/The Village/Johnswell Rd at all....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

I think its open yeah and never heard of any other play ground except newpark and hebron play ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 miece

I think its open yeah and never heard of any other play ground except newpark and hebron play ground

you'd prob get robbed up there :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:;);););););):pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

yeah it's open, i was there at the weekend with the young one.

i wanted a go myself as it looks pretty fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

castle park is opened, it closes at 4.30pm (but this will be changing when the clocks go forward i think it is 7pm in springtime ) it gets very busy at weekends ,the new equipment is great and the kids love playing in there it is one of the best playgrounds in the country much better then it was before.
    by the way miece i am a resident of the newpark /johnswell rd area and i feel i should tell you we are not all muggers and thieves ,some of us are law abiding citizens , but having said this i feel it was incredibly stupid of the authorities to put a playground in the newpark estate the children and adults that go in there think it belongs solely to the newpark estate residents and will try to intimidate outsiders, such a waste of resources most days all you see in there are adults sitting on the equipment , you very rarely see kids in there playing in there, :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Was there not some plan to build a playground in the Johnswell Road beside the Ashbrook Estate (not sure of that name, across from Lintown)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

there is a playground in the back of the whitewood estate off the johnswell road, not sure what its like but i know that some of the equipment was set on fire when it first opened ,if i was you i would stick to the castle park playground.

Advertisement