Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a centrino chip into a celeron laptop.

• 24-02-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I posted this in the Laptop forum but not getting any response.

I have a Fujitsu Siemens celeron 1.5 GHZ laptop and wondering could it be upgraded to a Centrino 1.5 , Both chips are identical size, shape and fit in the same slot on the motherboard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If the cpu isnt soldered onto the board and if the bios will recognise it i dont see the problem, both are the same socket design. But im guessing it will either be physicially impossible i.e soldered to the board or epoxyed onto it. Or.. that perhaps the bios wont recognise it. But if the laptop is out of warrenty and you are comfortable in doint this upgrade i say go for it, and report back yoru findings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The CPU physically falls into place, both laptops, I.E a physically damaged Compaq NC9030 and Celeron Fijitsu Amelia have the same 400 FSB. They are both about 3 years old. Ill let you know. :)

Advertisement