Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegas 7.0e + xvid files

Options
  • 24-02-2009 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a xvid file. I'm trying to edit it with Sony Vegas 7.0e. When I click the preview button the preview pane is just black. I'm thinking this may be because it's xvid.

As far as I know I have all the latest xvid stuff (I can watch xvids fine?).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Random wrote: »
    I have a xvid file. I'm trying to edit it with Sony Vegas 7.0e. When I click the preview button the preview pane is just black. I'm thinking this may be because it's xvid.

As far as I know I have all the latest xvid stuff (I can watch xvids fine?).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

programs like vegas, premiere, nero, ulead etc cant really edit xvid or divx.

try searching google for a divx or mpg editor or cutter

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Imtoo do a converted for like 20 quid(I'm always pimping them:p) It will open all you're DivX and XVids and re-encode them as Uncompressed AVI or anything you want really. Its quick, but depends on your processor (feature films take like 40 mins at full def on a 2.6GHZ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm ideally hoping for a free solution now. All I want to do is chop up DIVX/XVID files and the piece them together.

The sticky seems very outdated with a lot of applications, AVID just won't send me download links and I can't see much else that seems to be what I want.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just found this - This seems to do the job nicely for just editing basic XVIDs ..
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

i think virtualdub will edit xvid and divx

• Advertisement
Advertisement