Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage for bad back

• 24-02-2009 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Looking for a good massage in Dublin city center for a sore back.

Any recommendations on where I can the massage....thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

not sure where you can get a good massage but I hope that you have seen your doctor already.

Your bad back may have nothing to do with tension of your muscles, it could be anything.
    I can tell you, that when my back goes out, no amount of rubbing/kneading will take the pain away.

anyway back to the topic

Dum-dee-dum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭spence101

I used to suffer from back pain, a disk swelled, went to the physio which temporarily gave me relief but the pain would always return, and this went on for about a year. I recently found that yoga has really helped, tryed it 6 weeks ago and havent had so much as a twinge since. I have been using this program a couple of times a week,

www.menshealth.com/yoga/basics/10_best_poses_for_men.php

as a complety free alternative to massage.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rondog

go onto the yellow pages at www.yellowpages.ie and do a search for 'massage' in the area you are looking for or just do a google search,its easy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Does a back massage actually work?

Ive been having soar back aches and pains for 10 years now, im only 23 so its not mother nature taking its course.

But massaging is it just a temporary fix, what can be done more long term??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Bad backs are a huge cause of absenteeism in work and disability claims, it can really hinder your lifestyle. If you are suffering from continuous back pain then seeing a doctor is vital.

In many cases it can be a prolapsed or crushed disc. In others it is muscular pain, in some people it's because of hip or spine alignment. There's lots of causes and in the majority of cases a massage is only a temporary relief or could even worsen the condition.

See a doctor.
    If it's a sports injury, a physiotherapist may be able to help. A lot of people swear by chiropractors. Just be aware that these are not medically qualified people. They may be able to help but if you are claiming from health insurance, just be sure that you are covered first.

Best go to a GP and ask for advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

r3nu4l wrote: »
    If it's a sports injury, a physiotherapist may be able to help. A lot of people swear by chiropractors. Just be aware that these are not medically qualified people.

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Eh?

'Eh?' What?

:confused:

If you mean what I think you mean then let me clarify.
    Chiropracty is a branch of complementary medicine not traditional medicine, therefore a chiropracter is not a medically qualified person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

r3nu4l wrote: »
    'Eh?' What?

:confused:

If you mean what I think you mean then let me clarify.
    Chiropracty is a branch of complementary medicine not traditional medicine, therefore a chiropracter is not a medically qualified person.

Thanks for expanding.

I would not want people to be left with the impression that, like an estate agent, anyone could open up a Chiropractic clinic in the morning with the blessing of the Chiropractic Association of Ireland. They have to qualify in their field, just like a doctor.

Advertisement