Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuxedo, and quickly

• 25-02-2009 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in need of a Tux or a reasonable facsimile by Thursday afternoon. Would anyone have any suggestions?

Here's the facts:

I'm in Dublin. The South, to be exact, but I can head into town.
    It's a Venitian ball.
    I don't mind renting or buying, but I don't want it to cost the Earth.

Thanks for your time,
    Donny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

You dont wear a tux to a Venitian ball. You need to go to a fancy dress shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

If it is a regualr Tux that you want go to Marks and Spencers - under €100 ususally. There is one in Blackrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

There are a few Black Tie shops you could try.
    I've used the one in Terenure a few times, and they're great!
    Here's the number: (01)492 5404

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

If it is a regualr Tux that you want go to Marks and Spencers - under €100 ususally. There is one in Blackrock.

I'll look into this. I'm 10 minutes from Blackrock, thanks.
    mrmac wrote: »
    There are a few Black Tie shops you could try.
    I've used the one in Terenure a few times, and they're great!
    Here's the number: (01)492 5404

Thanks, mrmac. I've a BlackTie close to me, but they want it back very early the next day :( 1230!
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    You dont wear a tux to a Venitian ball. You need to go to a fancy dress shop.

I'm hoping I'll get away with a tux and a mask.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'd recommend www.dickybow.ie.

Decent price for everything, very fast delivery and decent quality for what you're paying.

Just make sure you measure right and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i'd recommend www.bondbros.ie. i went to a wedding a few months back and they were the cheapest i found, but also the nicest. i could give the suit back 3 or 4 days later, and i also lost the bow tie and they didn't charge me for it. they're based in the clonskeagh/goatstown area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Hey, thanks for all the advice. I ended up buying a tuxedo in the Bargain Basement in Arnotts. The jacket, trousers, shirt and bowtie came to an even €100, which irritated the feck outta the guy I know who rented the same thing for €89 from BlackTie.

Thanks, again,
    Donny

Advertisement