Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BEST TNG episodes

Options
  • 25-02-2009 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

The Best of the Rest (in no particular order):

The Ensigns of Command
    The Enemy
    Sins of the Father
    Sarek
    The Best of Both Worlds
    Family
    Final Mission
    The Drumhead
    Chain of Command.

I reluctantly passed over:

The Offspring
    Who Watches the Watchers
    The Survivors
    Where Silence Has Lease
    The Defector
    Q Who.

Honourable mentions:

Skin of Evil
    Pen Pals
    Contagion
    Yesterday's Enterprise
    Reunion
    Redemption
    Transfigurations
    The Wounded
    Galaxy's Child
    The Nth Degree
    Darmok
    Unification
    Silicon Avatar
    Cause and Effect
    The First Duty
    Qpid
    Tapestry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

the best: the inner light, Q who, the best of both worlds, the episode following it, all good things, the one where lore has borg minions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

the best: the inner light, Q who, the best of both worlds, the episode following it, all good things, the one where lore has borg minions.

Family?
    I think that they really could have gottena lot more milegae out of that one, Picard was obviously head fecked, after the assimilation and he has one outburst??
    I know that he is stoic but come on. Then all of a sudden, it appears again in First Contact that he is barely in control. Come on Dianna, you are ment to be an empath and shrink

I loved The Wounded and Inner Light

Yar, one problem with Family was the Wesley subplot, as usual :rolleyes:, but what made it one of the best was Picards breakdown and how his brother reacts. I think it was handled better than say the histronics you get on sci fi shows these days. Picard was a very private individual and the show had to keep moving on so he had to keep it to himself though he does lapse when for example he is confronted by Hugh. The TNG movies aren't trek canon since they sucked so much and ruined everything :p

Yar, one problem with Family was the Wesley subplot, as usual :rolleyes:, but what made it one of the best was Picards breakdown and how his brother reacts. I think it was handled better than say the histronics you get on sci fi shows these days. Picard was a very private individual and the show had to keep moving on so he had to keep it to himself though he does lapse when for example he is confronted by Hugh. The TNG movies aren't trek canon since they sucked so much and ruined everything :p

You're buggered, if they are on screen they are cannon:confused:

I think that I am spoiled by story arcs nowdays, forget that TNG was an episodic "reset" based show

Nah, they aren't tr00 trek, tng ended with all good things. I'm putting my head in the sand. TNG was episodic but it had continuing story arcs, worfs klingon odyssey, the borg, datas quest to be human, humanity on trial.

• Advertisement

Nah, they aren't tr00 trek, tng ended with all good things. I'm putting my head in the sand. TNG was episodic but it had continuing story arcs, worfs klingon odyssey, the borg, datas quest to be human, humanity on trial.

Excuse me, there is plenty of good trek in DS9

DS9 is good, although it deviated from the holy trek bible. But its still good, its still canon. I'm talking about the TNG movies, which were abominations of trek. Did you know that the Voy episode where they break the warp 10 barrier has been de-canonized, the writers basically apologized and said its non canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yesterdays enterprise stands out. l liked hmm im not soo good with TNG names

one where barcley gets zpped by the probe
    decent parts 1 and 2
    best of both worlds part I (never liked part 2 didnt even have the same music as part 1)

Em i cant think of any more right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

By far....Yesterday's Enterprise.

I just loved every second of it. The whole alternate universe spin where everyone is now battle-hardened and the Enterprise is a warship on the losing side of a war against everyone's favourite baddie, The Klingons!

Yes! Old-School Klingons, who want to kill! From the militaristic style of the Enterprise and her crew, to Picard's last stand against the Klingons, it was just brilliant.

Klingon Ship: "Federation Vessel, surrender and prepare to be boarded."
    Picard (With everyone else dead): "That'll be the day..." <Starts firing on the the Klingons>

Advertisement