Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this reasonable?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

myself and three of my friends are moving into a house in cork next year for the university term.
    rent is 100 a week paid monthly and all bills are covered.
    house is the barrack street area
    is this good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You get to live in a place for €30 per week each with all bills paid or a house for €1400 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I presume that is €100 a week each? I would say you could get a better place for the same kind of money - check out Deerpark, or The Lough, they are not far from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

aye its 1600 a month
    so if this is above the going price can/should we try to bargain him down and what kind of number is feasible to ask for?
    edit: Just did a few sums and this is around 500E cheaper than student accom in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Thats very expensive for Cork. The so-called "student properties" are vastly overcharging so I wouldn't go by their prices. Friend of mine just moved into a place on Barrack Street for 280 a month.
    You should definitely be able to get a room for no more than 320 a month, unless you are looking for something a bit luxurious or in the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Remember: some students don't know any better, thus get raped financally by the landlords. Also, are you first years? I've always noticed you guys get the bottom of the barrel for a high price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement