Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you hate about the 360

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I hate having to log in to my profile to play a game when it has loaded (after I turn on the console) and then invariably having to choose the hard drive as the save location (each time). Shouldn't this be automatic or at least using default setting unless you tell it otherwise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

sweetie wrote: »
    I hate having to log in to my profile to play a game when it has loaded (after I turn on the console) and then invariably having to choose the hard drive as the save location (each time). Shouldn't this be automatic or at least using default setting unless you tell it otherwise?

You can set your profile to log on automatically when you switch on.

You're right about the save location though. If I've chosen Hard Drive the last 100 times you've asked me you can assume I'm going to choose Hard Drive again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd have to say that my list of things that I dislike about the 360 would be very small, because it does what it is supposed to do, and does it very well for the price you pay.

I would say the only quibble I have is the media player, how come when the rest of the UI got such a full funky workover with the NXE did they not toucht this at all? And why can't it show the details of the currently playing song while in full-screen mode?

Other things like paying for Live are not too big - You can get a 12 / 13 month prepaid card for about half-price if you shop around, and you are starting to see more offers that are availabl to Gold users first (or only, like the 'Deal of the Week') that perhaps justify being a Gold XBox Live member more than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

if the 360 had got divx instead of xvid like the ps3 did we would get mkv sooner

the live cost is not that bad but having to pay regardless is a pain getting cc or 3v card putting them in and such

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Only gripes are noise of dvd drive and not being able to stream mkv files.

Otherwise I'd marry it if it was legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

As said before:

* Inability to delete credit card details off Live.
    * Ridiculously overpriced hard drives and no ability to use third party affordable drives.
    * RROD and other reliability issues.
    * Mostly love the 360 controller but the D-pad sucks ass.
    * The noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

-Lack of support for MKVs; how hard would it be for MS to implement this?
    -Noise; even when you install games it's still a little loud
    -Idiots on Live; "I'll rape you etc"
    -Popups in games e.g. GTA, Fallout 3
    -The d-pad is awful
    - Overpriced accessories. €50 for a controller?!
    -Reliability issues; although that's improving
    -MS Points; why not use real money?
    -The music player makes it really hard to navigate large collections and the visualiser is very dated
    -The closed nature of the system; it's very hard to copy music or videos onto your Xbox drive.
    -Microsoft don't really support Macs
    -No Wi-Fi
    -Still no Blu-ray

Overall though, it's a great console. Very happy with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pricey peripherals... £55 is pretty much the best price I can find for the wireless adapter outside of Ebay!
    You would have thought that at least the "elite" version of the console would have a wifi connection built into it:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

-- Noise (Sounds like im in a server room constantly)

-- Rip off accesories

-- Microsoft Points

....Oh and the fact that the console is just as reliable as our government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    -- Noise (Sounds like im in a server room constantly)

-- Rip off accesories

-- Microsoft Points

....Oh and the fact that the console is just as reliable as our government.

At least they kind of addressed the noise issue thanks to the HD install option, and you can't really complain about MS points... There isn't that much of a difference in price between them and PSN points/Wii points
    Charging for ****ty little things like themes and gamer pictures pisses me off though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

my problems are (1) when i press the button to open the tray it slides out like normal but closes after 1 or 2 seconds if i dont get my game in before it closes it takes on average 20 - 30 minutes to open the tray, i have to use knives and stuff to prie it open, (2) more recently xbox live disconnects after about half an hour i can sign straight back in but i cant really enjoy playing on live anymore becouse ill disconnect in the middle of most matches in pro evo or halos 3 gta even sf 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

my problems are (1) when i press the button to open the tray it slides out like normal but closes after 1 or 2 seconds if i dont get my game in before it closes it takes on average 20 - 30 minutes to open the tray, i have to use knives and stuff to prie it open, (2) more recently xbox live disconnects after about half an hour i can sign straight back in but i cant really enjoy playing on live anymore becouse ill disconnect in the middle of most matches in pro evo or halos 3 gta even sf 4

I think thats only on your console mate..

My biggest gripe and it really bloody annoys me is when your online on a game and one of two things happens:

1. There is some whiney obsessed maniac americans or something who go ape shít over the game and if your good or not.

Like i changed my area to recreation but that didnt do anything!!
    2. My second is the hatred the americans and engish seem to have for each other..

And example would be that i was on with skate 2, one of my favorite games for online (mainly because you dont really get scumbags).
      And i had to sit for about 15 minutes over these two who were arguing over world war 2, the revolutionary war, who had the better country and then it all stemmed into "IM GONNA F**KIN KILL YOU IF YOU SAY THAT AGAIN".

To which i intervened and aid that they were playing the wrong game and if they were to do that to just go play GOW or Halo!

And they werent young either.

Im talking like 20/25 too.

Or another is the non-wireless and wireless headsets (both for completely different reasons.

The non wireless' cable can wear out way too easily. And i love the one that has the flick switch at the controller rather than dangling, and they are hard to come by now.

And the wireless one is useless sometimes.
    Got one preowned once.

Never told me it needed a charger :mad::mad:
    AND it interferes with things! Which doesnt help when your trying to hear whos getting the upperhand in the ongoing USA v UK debate.

[/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

You're right about the save location though. If I've chosen Hard Drive the last 100 times you've asked me you can assume I'm going to choose Hard Drive again.

You can set this up too. I have FIFA09 installed to hard drive and when I pop in the disc and select to play it automatically plays it from the hard drive.

The only thing that annoys me about is once again the annoying, usually American, children on Live. It has completely put me off CODWAW as it did with COD4. Much prefer the crowd on Rainbow 2. More civilised. Lol.

Noise and wifi dont bother me at all as I use a powerline adaptor and always have the surround sound system up loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

The RROD, I'm on Xbox number 2 now, after giving up on the posting thing (long story) and am always waiting for it to happen again.... Just lost confidence in it.

Advertisement