Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping the dream alive (got a new toy)

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

just finalised a very important purchase.

One Polaroid One600 Job Pro......
    brand new and all shiny.

Had to get it from the states as their quite rare over here.
    POLAROID-ONE600-JOB-P-R66067.jpg

Ever since I held my parents Polaroid Sun 630 back in 1987 I've been in love with the system.

Sadly a bad judgement call by me in the nineties saw the 630 dissected on the bedroom floor but never reassembled. plus point is now I know just about everything about it's cogs and sprockets. :D

Oh the impossible project is still on schedule to restart production of film packs at the end of the year.

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

nice camera, good luck with it. do you have the sx-70? thats my favorite one

theres a lot of fingers and toes crossed for the impossible project...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I stopped buying 600 once it got over 15 euros for 10 shots. At that price I just couldn't really justify buying it anymore. I have faint hopes for the impossible project, I think if it actually gets off the ground at all they're very probably going to be selling 600 at boutique prices. I know Ilford is involved (which is a good thing) but the entire thing is being orchestrated by the people behind the lomographic society/unsaleable/polanoid and frankly all they're interested in is exploiting the demand for as much money as humanely possible while they're still able while slickly marketing it (which is what they're REALLY good at) to increase demand so that they can justify charging EVEN MORE for it.

So all told I suspect my SX-70 has been permanently mothballed. I'm currently on the look out for a fuji instax instead. Apart from the cartoony looks they're similar in most respects to the pola cams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

I stopped buying 600 once it got over 15 euros for 10 shots.

Current stock is 1Euro = 1 shot so I think you were being ripped off.

Anyway I'm in it for it's uniqueness and artistic quality's which it's hard to put a price on.

Sebzy wrote: »
    Current stock is 1Euro = 1 shot so I think you were being ripped off.

Where are you getting it for €10 ? Last time I went to buy it I was ending up paying roughly €15 for a pack after taking postage into account. That was from unsaleable so it was a while back.
    Anyway I'm in it for it's uniqueness and artistic quality's which it's hard to put a price on.

I find it quite easy, less than €1.50 or so :-)
    I can shoot fuji peel apart in my bronica for about 70 cents a shot so that currently fulfills my instant photography needs.

Horses for courses though. Fajitas is perfectly happy paying about €15 PER SHOT for his type 55 so who am I to complain :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oi - Who said anything about being happy to pay it? :(

• Advertisement

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Oi - Who said anything about being happy to pay it? :(

not merely 'happy' but 'perfectly happy'.
    I might have phrased it a little better I guess :D

Advertisement