Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus strike 28th ---nitelinks??????

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

dunno if im posting in the right place,

Just wondered does anybody know will the nitelinks run on saturday 28th night (sunday morning) theirs a strike on saturday but i dont know if this will effect the (sunday) nitelinks

if you didnt know about the strike heres a link
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0218/transport.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

If they're striking I doubt the nitelinks are on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm pretty sure that that strike isn't going ahead on Saturday. SIPTU said last week that they'd hold it on a different day instead. Look for a more recent news story than the one you linked to. I'd do it but um, it's late and I'm going to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

LRC talks to avert bus strikes
    Wednesday, 25 February 2009 07:13
    Management and unions at Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann have been invited to attend talks at the Labour Relations Commission today aimed at averting strike action.

The National Bus and Rail Union, which represents around 1,900 drivers in the two companies, is due to stage a one-day strike on Saturday over proposed job losses and cutbacks at the companies.

SIPTU, which also represents a significant number of drivers, is due to begin an indefinite strike from Sunday on the same issue

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0225/transport.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dave_dunne

<SPAN lang=EN-GB>The threatened strike by SIPTU drivers at Dublin Bus from March 1st has been averted following talks at the Labour Relations Commission today. Afterwards SIPTU Branch Organiser Willie Noone said, “The action by our members has been deferred after the company agreed to enter direct talks with us under the auspices of the LRC over its cost cutting plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

thanks guys actually rang dublin nus before i saw your responses

the strike has been cancelled and is supposedly happening next week depending on how the labour relation talks go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nitelinks are a function of the day before, not the day "following".

Strictly speaking they should be timetabled to start at 24:00, not 00:00

Advertisement