Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics, chemistry and biology predictions anyone?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

what do guys think is most likely to come up this year in phy chem and bio? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

Bio- I think heart,senses have a good chance of being asked obviously you got the usuals(ecology,sexual reproduction,photosynthesis/respiration)

Physics-I think that there will be one and a half q's on modern physics,sound and waves will prob come up in the long questions.

With all this fantabulous information you are guaranteed an A1.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Chemistry- Bleach titration has been hotly tipped for a few years as it has never appeared on the new course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Des23 wrote: »
    Chemistry- Bleach titration has been hotly tipped for a few years as it has never appeared on the new course.

I think water has a decent enough chance too.

True, it did come up in 04/05 though, wheras bleach only has in a sample paper.
    All Q1s are pretty much the same really though, bar a few small individual things.

Here is a list we got off our teacher so far, based on nothing but her own knowledge of the course:
    Bleach etc
    Prep of Ethene/Ethyne
    Chromatography/instrumentation
    Full organic synthesis Q (I'm not sure why thats on the list I thought that was a guarenteed Q?)
    Chlorination of Methane/ethane mechanism
    Water/Winkler method

I'm pretty sure she just gave us the most general tips so she can say to all her students next year that shes really good at predicting exams!

Physics though...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

My chemistry teacher swears by bleach.

• Advertisement

My sister told me they were swearing by bleach in 07 aswell (same teacher for what its worth).

It has to come up eventually...right?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

I don't think the potassium manganate/ iron(II) sulphate titration has come up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Or the iron tablet titration, which is pretty much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I think my Bio teacher tipped the nervous system.

And of course, it's Mr. Darwin's 200th birthday year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

My chemistry teacher - also a corrector - is sure its gunna be the potassium permanganate titration . . . :D

• Advertisement

My chemistry teacher - also a corrector - is sure its gunna be the potassium permanganate titration . . . :D

Arent there quite a few involving KMnO4?

Didnt Oxidation & Reduction come up last year? (Not sure tbh)

Fad wrote: »
    Arent there quite a few involving KMnO4?

Didnt Oxidation & Reduction come up last year? (Not sure tbh)

i think he was talkin about the one involving autocatalysis...thats all i remember off the top of my head...emmm when i see the book ill know which one he was on about!! it was a redox titration anyway!!

And last year was ethanoic acid in vinegar, chromatography and production of oxygen

Read the stickies on every board here in regards to the edit. (MCD)

I think I'll just learn the lot tbh, not really gonna risk getting caught out.

Yup same...im chancing enough in irish and english, but nooo waaayy in chemistry when i need quite a good grade!! :P:P

Advertisement