Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well paid WHV work in Melbourne/Tasmania

Options
  • 25-02-2009 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just wondering does anyone know of a place to work that will pay decent so I can save a bit. Trying not to do fruit picking.

Idea's / contacts appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Well WHV work by it's very isn't that well paid. And to be honest, with the economy the way it is, if you can get any type of job at all you'll be doing well.

You haven't given us any info regarding what you do. If you've got qualifications in something you'll have a better chance of picking up a better paying job. If you're backpacking on a year out you'll pretty much be earning minimum wage. Personally I'd aim for a construction job...labouring for someone...if you can find one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Sales work is pretty much always available and if you're good at it you can make quite a lot of money. If you're not good at it you may make no money as a lot of them are commission-only jobs.

Look on www.gumtree.com.au in the city you're looking to work in and click on any ads that say something like "Fun party traveller work $$$$" and it will most likely be door-to-door or street sales. There's a lot of money to be made if you've got the talent for it. (I didn't :( )

Afterthought: actually, with the economy the way it is, people may be less likely to buy things from you, no matter how good you are at selling. The jobs are still out there, I've seen the ads, but maybe they're even harder to make money on these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Just wondering does anyone know of a place to work that will pay decent so I can save a bit. Trying not to do fruit picking.

Idea's / contacts appreciated

Let me know if you find this magical job:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement