Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Handle Key

Options
  • 25-02-2009 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Anyone know of a place in Limerick where I could get a replacement key for a window handle. I have managed to misplace the key and now cannot open the window. These windows have been in the house before I moved in, so not sure who fitted them.

Any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any keys on any of the other handles in the house? They might be part of a set.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you open the window, is there a name on the frame?

I could never understand the window locks. Why have them? It's not like some master criminal is going to cut out a small piece of glass, reach in his hand and say, damn, window locks, foiled again.

I was thinking they are there to maybe kill someone in the event of a fire?

Anyway, if you have the brand then you should be able to get a key easier. Failing that, try the neighbours if they have the same windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

MarkR wrote: »
    If you open the window, is there a name on the frame?

I could never understand the window locks. Why have them? It's not like some master criminal is going to cut out a small piece of glass, reach in his hand and say, damn, window locks, foiled again.

I was thinking they are there to maybe kill someone in the event of a fire?

Anyway, if you have the brand then you should be able to get a key easier. Failing that, try the neighbours if they have the same windows?

In the case of upstairs windows its to stop young children from having serious accidents.

- For downstairs its to stop them escaping altogether.

The pig ignorant shoe repair/key peddler in that kiosk in the Parkway once tried to charge me €5 for one - It think it must have been 24 carat gold with a diamond inlay or something.

Advertisement