Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 for your browser

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm ghostintheruins (surprise surprise), you's can add me if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

username = TheVadge

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Mine just Tempest

Add me if ya want. I wont be on for a while since my G5 crapped out on me and so did my Razor lol, my pc eats mice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Impressively good for a game running in a web browser :) Like someone else said, it runs better in my web browser today than it did natively on the PC I had 10 years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

everyone should play this.

imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Having great fun altogether....

Username: efla, I have no friends :(

The racism in some of the chat is worse than youtube! Also, it wont update my stats, been playing a while now and it hasnt registered anything in my profile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Enjoying it thus far, although it does tend to crash for me when i try and close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Have to get my old config working with it again, feels reallu sluggish without it !

lol just went 100 for 2 in CTF with 90% accuracy.

Wish stats would update ;)

with wat weapon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Wish stats would update ;)

Whats up with the stats? I'm on almost a week and nothing registered yet, everything still on zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

... open BETA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Oh this is great!!:) Im hooked. I remember playing this on my dreamcast using the old 56k modem. i was a fan. Good times being relived!

Ye can add me to your friends list if want too: Usarname: Firefox10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone having trouble with skill level? I know I can go to matches that are below my skill level and I'm aware it's a beta but i'm getting matched with some awful good cunts! Can't get a frag in edgeways. It's probably because the stats aren't being registered or something but it's getting to me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Get some skills Chris :p

Have to say I'm finding the same thing in all honesty. Some really skillful players and I'm not helped by what appears to be a tiny bit of mouse lag. Anyone else experiencing that in the beta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anytime I go on, the queue is in the thousands. Got a few good games a few days ago at 7am though. The Quake Magic never dies...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Class!

I'm starting to play this quite a bit, pity I'm ****e at it!

No stats for me yet either

Jazzy wrote: »
    with wat weapon ?

Shotgun mostly cause I knew they were **** and accuracy would be sick if it updated :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

The queue is now removed which is only good news.

Now the wait for the promised Mac and Linux releases....

• Advertisement

really enoying this. if anyone wants to play or if there are new ppl that want to learn how then get in touch with me. ive got a teamspeak server too so we can use that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

John wrote: »
    Quake 3 is ten years old!?!
    ya, what the hell!:eek:
    i feel old now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played this tonight for first time in AGES! And I was better than I ever was......hmm. Need to retire for a while - go out at the top :) Had some great games of CTF - So close, one went to sudden death after a massive comeback from the other team...but we pulled it off in the end

\o/

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

just gave it a go there - thats amazing, put it on full screen and you can't tell the difference, would love to know the tech behind it

Bugger. Its down at the moment :(

Damn it, it's still down :(

Back now. It was down for an upgrade. There's a new version of the browser plugin that you need to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

pixelburp wrote: »
    The beta has been going for a while now. Been part of it myself; it's quite well done, though playing in a browser window feels weird. It has all the community add-ons I think all multi games should have as a pre-requisite tbh.

yep, i've had my account for 6 months now, even more id say

Advertisement