Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Cup on TV

Options
  • 25-02-2009 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Our FA Youth Cup quarter-final with Arsenal at White Hart Lane on Thursday March 5 will now kick off at 7.45pm.

This is due to the match being selected by Setanta for live television coverage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

If you buy a ticket for £3 you get 10 loyalty points from THFC!!

:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

galinka wrote: »
    If you buy a ticket for £3 you get 10 loyalty points from THFC!!

:):):):)

question is if you buy ticket and dont go do they take the 10 loyalty points off back off you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

I live close to Tottenham and it is easy for me to get there. However, I do not agree with them issuing loyalty points for this match. We have many regular supporters who travel long distances to get to home matches. They will have done so 24 fours previous for the Middlesbrough match. Unlikely that many of them will be back for the Youth match.

Why 10 points? This amount is out of sinc.

Mullo - they can't take the points away for non attendance as they will have little idea who is there and on this occasion the whole exercise is conducted to make them look good by selling loads of tickets. West Stand already sold out and they are now selling North Lower.

But then why should I be surprised having paid £5 for a ticket that costs less than £1 for Donetsk away (see blog). The excuses they made for that I will not repeat as they are subject of a complaint made by a colleague - still ongoing.

I will be there because I really want to watch this attractive match and see the best Youth team Spurs have had for a few years. I will take the loyalty points but wish the club had gone about this properly. I can fully understand anyone with little points buying a ticket just for the points. £3.60 inclusive of booking & postage. £1.60 for kids.

http://pieandmushypeas.blogspot.com/2009/02/shakhtar-donetsk-fc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Steve, the loyalty point scheme is all out of sync, I've been saying that for years.

We can't sell out Chelsea away yet with 12k applications for Leverkusen a couple of years ago they gave out 5 points?

Should be based on demand for games, but also take into account the effort put in for some games (Hull was a bastard to get to/from on Monday, I know cos I didn't go in the end especially because of that)

IMHO, everyone who went to Donetsk should be offered a free corporate ticket for one of our remaining home games, to recognise their effort in the face of a lack of same on the pitch.

And if they wanted a bumper crowd on Thursday, it should be free in for ST and members.

Completely agree regarding loyaty points and Hull (an awkward place to get to from anywhere!)

Hope you guys are celebrating on your flights home after Sunday's match. However, we will have to play well and them not so.
    Steve, the loyalty point scheme is all out of sync, I've been saying that for years.

We can't sell out Chelsea away yet with 12k applications for Leverkusen a couple of years ago they gave out 5 points?

Should be based on demand for games, but also take into account the effort put in for some games (Hull was a bastard to get to/from on Monday, I know cos I didn't go in the end especially because of that)

IMHO, everyone who went to Donetsk should be offered a free corporate ticket for one of our remaining home games, to recognise their effort in the face of a lack of same on the pitch.

And if they wanted a bumper crowd on Thursday, it should be free in for ST and members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Match on Setanta tonight - see some of the younger players

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Should be a good game, looking forward to it. Some of the kids in that team look the real deal. If we want to be completing with the mancs of this world we need to start bringing them through,develop them and ultimately keep them rather than selling them for a quick profit once anyone shows interest.

Simplepieman - great blog by the way. Be very interested to see how the club justify the 500% charge for the Donetsk ticket if they respond. As Ronan said anyone who made that trip should be rewarded for it not have the p**s taken. Perhaps the 10 points should have went for that rather than this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

1-0 up inside 10min
    Really like the shirt without Mansion Logo

Goons have been the better side IMHO, we've absorbed their pressure well but they are playing most of the football.

Very impressed with Caulker at CB and Townsend in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lost 3-1,a couple of late goals by the gooners finished us off..they just about deserved it i suppose,it was a good game to watch with some good football on display.i hope some of these young lads like Townsend and Mason etc can make the grade for spurs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just read 19000 at the game. great turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fcuk all to get excited about looking at that batch of youngsters, apart from Townsend the left winger, he looked very bright. Bostock looks like a younger version of Jenas !! Arsenal played far the better football for me.

No question the Goons played the better football, but I was impressed by Caulker at CB and Townsend was our best player by a country mile. There's two I'd like to see make the step up.

Adam Smith at RB is capable of better, and Ryan Mason has been doing well, in fairness he came in to the game in the second half.

Spot on with the Bostock/Jenas comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

No question the Goons played the better football, but I was impressed by Caulker at CB and Townsend was our best player by a country mile. There's two I'd like to see make the step up.

Adam Smith at RB is capable of better, and Ryan Mason has been doing well, in fairness he came in to the game in the second half.

Spot on with the Bostock/Jenas comparison!

Yes Smith and Mason looked tidy, but was it just me or did they look very light compaired to most of the Arsenal lads !! Id have doubts as to wether either could make the step up to senior level.

Maybe Im being too harsh, as they are only 16-18 year olds after all.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Yes Smith and Mason looked tidy, but was it just me or did they look very light compaired to most of the Arsenal lads !! Id have doubts as to wether either could make the step up to senior level.

Maybe Im being too harsh, as they are only 16-18 year olds after all.

Hatch - harsh or not you are correct. I watched the youth team a lot over the years and in particular, the mid/late 80s when Adams, Merson, Thomas, Parlour etc were coming through the ranks. They always seemed stronger.

Advertisement