Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did "The Haven" Hair / Beauty place in Balbriggan move to?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I know that The Haven in Railway street / Station Street in Balbriggan has moved, my wife got a text a while ago to say that it was changing name and moving to Balrothery somewhere. But, she deleted the text and can't remember the details.

Does anyone know? Or, recommend a decent alternative in the Balbriggan area...

Thanks all in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The haven moved to Balrothery opposite the Merry Cricketers pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nice one, thanks ... Would you happen to know the new name, or the phone number? Or is the phone number the same?

update: the phone number is the same as before

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

And it's now called fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I think they opened a Barbers too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hmmm ... It appears that Fusion in Balrothery has now closed, too. :( (Even WAPA - the name that it was called after fusion is closed).

Can anyone recommend a similar hairdressers in the town (Balbriggan) or close by? Mrs. F was quite partial to the place, and not to fond of the place by Super Valu, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Hmmm ... It appears that Fusion in Balrothery has now closed, too. :( (Even WAPA - the name that it was called after fusion is closed).

Can anyone recommend a similar hairdressers in the town (Balbriggan) or close by? Mrs. F was quite partial to the place, and not to fond of the place by Super Valu, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

I have heard some of the former employees of Fusion are now working in RoCoco on Dublin st, it is a couple of doors up from bank of ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I was talking to the hairdressers in Balrothery yesterday (formerly called Wapa/Fusion and less recently Salon Viva).

It is still open - just a change in ownership and name.
    018416879 is the correct number.

Pinky
    (relieved!)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

NorthDub wrote: »
    I have heard some of the former employees of Fusion are now working in RoCoco on Dublin st, it is a couple of doors up from bank of ireland

can't speak for teh staff in the hairdressers, but my advice is to avoid waxelle the beauty salon upstairs at all costs. Worst spray tan of my life and didn't give a sh!t when it was mentioned to them. didn't offer any apology, possible remedy - nothing. And it was for a VERY important occasion. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

can't speak for teh staff in the hairdressers, but my advice is to avoid waxelle the beauty salon upstairs at all costs. Worst spray tan of my life and didn't give a sh!t when it was mentioned to them. didn't offer any apology, possible remedy - nothing. And it was for a VERY important occasion. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

I have used the beauty salon for waxing and have had a manicure there and couldnt fault them, the manageress used to work in the Haven

NorthDub wrote: »
    I have used the beauty salon for waxing and have had a manicure there and couldnt fault them, the manageress used to work in the Haven
    yeah I know - that is why I went there, as I had had treatments from the manager myself in the past. but I had the WORST tan of my life from them - and for my WEDDING DAY. on the morning of the wedding when they were told, they smirked and didn't give a Sh!t! basically said, well that happens sometimes, there is nothing we can do! didn't even try to find a solution. My PALMS were orange! The only solution the manageress gave was to 'exfoliate'! a few hours before the wedding she thought a bit of a scrub in the shower would help! as if.

I ended up getting a friends cousin from dublin, who THANK GOD was off that day. she came down with a corrector fluid, and although she couldn't remedy a lot of it, she did make it at least tolerable. It was passable enough for the photos. She had to fill in areas (there were white patches on my arms and neck) and then use the corrector liquid on other areas. Even after scrubbing my hands raw and using the corrector, I couldn't have any photos of my hands on the day, so no close ups of us putting on the wedding bands. My legs were just disgraceful, and thank god no one saw my legs.
    When I got teh tan done, she sprayed my palms - I queried this, and queried how heavy and streaky the tan was, but was told not to worry, it was like St. Tropez and would not develop streaky. I asked for gloves to cover my nails, which I had done there but was told there was no need!
    I have never had a tan done where the PALMS of your hands are sprayed! I went home and washed them, but the damage was done! And the nails I had done there the day before were orange, so I had to have them painted for the wedding, which I didn't want, I wanted natural.

also, the nails were starting to lift within 2 days - i only just got the weddign day out of them -they didn't last even a week! within about 4 days 4 had lifted and popped off.

I think the worst part of the whole thing was the smirky snotty attitude of the staff when they knew what had happened. That is the last thing someone needs on their wedding day. Thank god I got help from elsewhere or god knows what I would have looked like in the photos.

• Advertisement

god that is dreadful,

have never had a false tan done there, I have had one done by a girl who lives in my estate and she used the Liquid Gold and that was fine, she never sprayed my hands and was careful enough to clean them afterwards just in case any tan had gotten on them

it was liquid gold they used there too. as I said I did query the way she sprayed me, but was told not to worry. In spite of this I still thought better of it and washed my hands in their bathroom before I even left, and my nails were already a bit discoloured. Said it to the girl and she said dont worry, it will wash off, it doesn;t stick to anything other than skin! still when I went home I washed my hands and the nails were a bit orange around the cuticles. I was not impressed, but didn't want to overly stress myself at that stage (and they were closed by then) so said to myself, give them another scrub if the worst happens you can paint them. i was not happy, but was prepared to make the most of it. I certainly didn't expect that the next day my whole hands would be tango'd dispite having washed them the night before! and my legs and elbows! OMG!

Lets just say, I don't plan on letting them get away with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The OP has what he wants, so we'll close this now.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement