Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyfest 2009 Waterford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Here's a few pics I took of the fireworks:

3355252298_e437ea1b05.jpg

3355253030_ee00b8f13d.jpg

3354431703_0b9e38bf07.jpg

3355253684_138d6267e3.jpg

3354432915_278a1956c4.jpg

3355254310_1f4a92603c.jpg

3355254374_5c82f18da4_o.jpg

3354433619_87446f426a.jpg

3354433779_f2d3928334.jpg

By the way, Kila were feckin' brilliant weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

There amazing pic's fair play to you, i'm sick i missed it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

great photos overblood

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭strangepaddy

SUNGOD wrote: »
    great photos overblood

some vids i took..........sorry im not a great cameraman really:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfI4dLAnr6k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RS0AN_E3gk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PskEAsTq6ig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

Hello I finally uploaded a video of the skyfest last night

Youtube DESTROYED the quality even in HD so sit a bit fother back from tyour screen and it looks amazing

Their is a lamp post showing at the top if the screen for the first min but after that is perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnKK0o_3ZE&fmt=22

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

HAHA i got the whole thing in HD !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnKK0o_3ZE&fmt=22

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No need for a topic on its own dude, the post in the main thread is perfect. :)

Thanks for linking us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Wow Overblood those pics are awsome,cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Fireworks looked brilliant on TV. Now let's hope the South gets behind the next great thing in Waterford - Jack Lynch - in The All-Ireland Talent Show this evening!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 terradactalxo

It was amazing and Kila were fantabulous! My friends and I were right underneath the fireworks :D The atmosphere was wonderful aswell! Sometimes you go into town and it's just so dull and dead, but not yesterday!
    Well done to everyone who organised it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Sully wrote: »

Fireworks were fantastic, much better then the Spraoi. QUOTE]

I really don't think it's fair to compare the National Lottery Skyfest with Spraoi!

I'd say Skyfest spent about half a million Euro alone on the fireworks,Spraoi simply wouldn't have the money to put on that kind of show.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deise-lady wrote: »
    Sully wrote: »

Fireworks were fantastic, much better then the Spraoi. QUOTE]

I really don't think it's fair to compare the National Lottery Skyfest with Spraoi!

I'd say Skyfest spent about half a million Euro alone on the fireworks,Spraoi simply wouldn't have the money to put on that kind of show.

Perhaps. It was the only event that I can recall in Waterford that had such a display so I was just comparing it to that. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

my photos from lastnight.....maybe need to be processed abit better

3357586516_d6ded5fc9a.jpg

3356761537_7974b99b10.jpg

3356752315_721631438f.jpg

3357559934_72497e050e.jpg

3356732881_3e16b217f8.jpg

3356727559_6123edeabe.jpg

3356718917_be2a0ed5cb.jpg

3356703991_2bbfaf60db.jpg

3357529658_17f11ef822.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

watched the whole thing from our room window in Dooleys,brilliant display and stunning view from our bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

greatgoal wrote: »
    watched the whole thing from our room window in Dooleys,brilliant display and stunning view from our bedroom.

I saw some people looking out their apartment windows along the quay, was half thinking about shouting up at them and saying "oi, can I take a few photos from your window? sound!"... but decided against it. If they looked more studenty and were drinkin I probably would have, but they were kind of auld.

Would you have let a stranger in to take photos from your flat?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

if i had seen you i would have given you a shout,no worries,even though im probably one of the aulds you were looking at..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 donkphotography

Hey lads, here's a link of photos from last night's EVENT here in Waterford.. please check this out!

http://donkphotography.blogspot.com/2009/03/skyfest-in-waterford-14-03-09.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Excellent Blog Donk...really enjoyed that...look forward to seeing you covering a few more waterford events in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nice shots Don. I'll be sure to give you a shout on Tuesday

Excellent Blog Donk...really enjoyed that...look forward to seeing you covering a few more waterford events in the future.

Thanks man! oh sure if you bookmark my blogsite then you'll be able to see more! :D

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Nice shots Don. I'll be sure to give you a shout on Tuesday

Gracias KENSUTZ! We'll see on TUE if you're around then ayt? ;)

Hey lads, here's a link of photos from last night's EVENT here in Waterford.. please check this out!

http://donkphotography.blogspot.com/2009/03/skyfest-in-waterford-14-03-09.html

Fantastic photos. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Some fantastic photos there. Seems that I'm randomly featured in another photo set on your blog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Excellent pics yet again Don k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya great Pics well done,

On a side note. Granted I had been drinking since the better part of half 12 so I could have been in a dark place but did the presenters wreck anyones head?

My favourate was "its like being in a 3-D movie". maybe he was on yolks or something. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I thought the music was excellent along with the fireworks.
    As we're on the topic - what version of "Get The party Started!" was that at the very start of the fireworks? It was a great version of pink's song.

it was originally PINK hit song and the VERSION used/played during the first part of the FIREWORK was some kind of a "bond film" song? Sounds like anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I thought it sounded like Shirley Bassey, and sure enough, here she is

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I thought the whole thing was very done.. plenty of fireworks, music was good, live bands were great and the atmosphere was brilliant.. badly needed in the current climate..

If the 100k people as they were claiming were actually at it, thats a big crowd..

Well done to all involved, job well done.

Tox

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I thought the whole thing was very done.. plenty of fireworks, music was good, live bands were great and the atmosphere was brilliant.. badly needed in the current climate..

If the 100k people as they were claiming were actually at it, thats a big crowd..

Well done to all involved, job well done.

Tox

If it's REALLY 100K it's a HUGE CROWD.. even almost twice as the population of Waterford itself! It was only for TV purposes when the HOST said i guess you know?! :D Perhaps 10K that night was a bit believable :)

Here's a link on population: http://www.enfo.ie/leaflets/fs2.htm

Advertisement