Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior Door Handle is Loose

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

Having a problem with my outside door handle, its very loose. It's one of those double glazing doors where you turn the handle up to secure lock it. Do I need to change or can I tighten it. If so help. Also to open the door the key lock is starting to get tight and very hard to open.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 caitR

Hi Barry T,
    I had the same problem....except for me i kept ignoring that it was loose until today the door handle fell off in my hand! :eek:
    So no choice but to start taking the door handle off from the inside - there should be 2/3 screws there, remove them and then remove the offending handle - now you need a hammer and maybe something small enough to tap away at the inside of the handle to catch it around the other bit....if that makes sense...? The inside of the door handle needs to catch on the inside of the long piece that connects to the door.....if only i'd taken a picture... (it's all back together now, thankfully!)
    anyways, where i live, apparently there are a lot of house that have had this issue, either the doors/door handles are crap or the users are a bit heavy handed...not sure, but the solution i reckon is just temporary, it's likely only time before it goes again.
    Then the choice might be a new handle....or worse still....a new door!
    good luck!
    c.

Advertisement