Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help for a 1st time xbox360 LIVE user

• 25-02-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

hi,

i got an xbox before xmas but never really used it..untill i saw street fighter 4 out which i bought...i hooked it up to live for the first time lastnight and it works grand...only think is the head set doesnt seem to work..i talk into it but get no response, and i cant hear any1 talking back either...

i went into settings and set it so if some1 talks i can hear them through the tv speakers too but i still dont hear anything..is it just that all the people i play arnt talking/using headset and mic?

or am i doing something wrong?

my online name is the same as my boards name: cojomo2, so if any1 wants a fight on street fighter 4 feel free!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

cojomo2 wrote: »
    hi,

i got an xbox before xmas but never really used it..untill i saw street fighter 4 out which i bought...i hooked it up to live for the first time lastnight and it works grand...only think is the head set doesnt seem to work..i talk into it but get no response, and i cant hear any1 talking back either...

i went into settings and set it so if some1 talks i can hear them through the tv speakers too but i still dont hear anything..is it just that all the people i play arnt talking/using headset and mic?

or am i doing something wrong?

my online name is the same as my boards name: cojomo2, so if any1 wants a fight on street fighter 4 feel free!

I'd say it's that the people you're playing don't have a headset. I think you can tell if somebody has a headset if they have the little mic symbol up to the little green guys mouth when you're in the lobby in SFIV.

To test if it works, record a voice message and replay it back and see if the sound comes out of your tv speakers and headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    I'd say it's that the people you're playing don't have a headset. I think you can tell if somebody has a headset if they have the little mic symbol up to the little green guys mouth when you're in the lobby in SFIV.

To test if it works, record a voice message and replay it back and see if the sound comes out of your tv speakers and headset.

thanks for the quick reply..well when i was on lastnight i requested a chat with a guy i played..i was gonna ask him for help..i thought it was a text chat but then i heard a faint 'hello? hello?' and then it stopped and i couldnt hear anything else..i heard this through the speakers on the tv set, not the earpiece...

i recorded a voice message and tried to send it to someone else..dunno if it sent, but how do i record one to play back top myself?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

has ur headset got the little white switch in the middle of the lead with the volume adjustment on the side, slide the switch so ya see green and the mic is on slide it to see orange and its off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

guil07 wrote: »
    has ur headset got the little white switch in the middle of the lead with the volume adjustment on the side, slide the switch so ya see green and the mic is on slide it to see orange and its off

tep it has..i had it on, and messed around with the wheel..no joy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

cojomo2 wrote: »
    thanks for the quick reply..well when i was on lastnight i requested a chat with a guy i played..i was gonna ask him for help..i thought it was a text chat but then i heard a faint 'hello? hello?' and then it stopped and i couldnt hear anything else..i heard this through the speakers on the tv set, not the earpiece...

i recorded a voice message and tried to send it to someone else..dunno if it sent, but how do i record one to play back top myself?

thanks

Just like sending a normal voice message, record it and then press the play button to play it back instead of choosing ok. I haven't sent a voice message in ages now so It should be laid out like that iirc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement