Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

live strem on xbox 360

• 25-02-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Ok lads I was watching a live football match the weekend on my laptop

and I just want to know can I live stream it through my xbox360 to watch it on the big screen??

If so How do ya do this...

cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Can it be doen please anybody????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I don't know about specifically the footy you were looking at, but TVersity (www.tversity.com) is a piece of software that you can put on your PC and you can add Video on your PC and some Video URLs to it and they appear in your XBox. If the video stream is not supported by the 360, then TVersity tries to transcode (change) it on the fly so it can appear on the 360.

If it needs to transcode the video you might want a powerful enough PC so that it can do that smoothly (probably 1.5GHz or higher, with 1Gb RAM) otherwise your video on the XBox might be jittery and have to buffer occassionally.

Hope that helps.

Great cheers for that I like the way 30 people looked at the form and no

one answered will try that thanks again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

fox007 wrote: »

Did you ever think that maybe they just didnt know the answer??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

maybe they thought it was a different question you were asking and looked at the thread to see if they could help you, maybe they had the same problem and looked at the answer posted by Fingleberries, generally on the xbox forum is someone knows the answer they will answer your question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Can you stream links like from Alluc and places like that using TVersity?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

afaik you can specify a url in tversity that you can stream from the net and then stream to your xbox.

Might have a look when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

afaik you can specify a url in tversity that you can stream from the net and then stream to your xbox.

Might have a look when I get home.

Yeah, tried that but had no luck, probably doing it wrong anyways :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ok lads I was watching a live football match the weekend on my laptop

and I just want to know can I live stream it through my xbox360 to watch it on the big screen??

If so How do ya do this...

cheers for any help

can you not just connect from your laptop to your vga input on your tv (it would have to be a recent enough tv to have one, I think) I do it all the time
    when I stream liverpool games.

sweetie wrote: »
    can you not just connect from your laptop to your vga input on your tv (it would have to be a recent enough tv to have one, I think) I do it all the time
    when I stream liverpool games.

How do i do this? The tv is only 2 months old samsung 32" flat plazma

What lead do i NEED WHERE DO I GET IT cheers man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Argos for E20, vga cable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I like how you didn't come back to say if you got sorted

Rochie IRL wrote: »
    I like how you didn't come back to say if you got sorted

Thats because Im not sorted yet gona try the vga cable then I will say ifim sorted or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 todlambe

Another good software to try is ORB. It not only allows you to stream to your xbox 360, but it allows you to access any recorded tv (provided you're using Vista Home Premium) remotely. of course your laptop has to be on in order to do this. Oh an what website were you watching the match on? I'll try it at home with my setup see if I can get it to work. Oh and if you have the Xbox 360 elite (black) then use a HDMi cable instead if you can. Otherwise use your component cables for your high-def.

craze7 wrote: »
    Argos for E20, vga cable!

no vga connector on the tv what else can i try 32 hd samsung tv

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

what's the model number of the telly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can use HDMI if your laptop has HDMI slot on it (Sony models do sometimes anyway) and then it will transfer audio too.

Otherwise VGA should work but if not you could use S-Video but max resolution is 640 X 480 and image quality is usable but less than optimal if you can get a VGA or HDMI connection going.

TVersity is a much better option. If you have your media in the right format like Xvid/Divx then you won't need to transcode and you will get good quality without any hassle.

You probably won't be able to watch alluc.org on 360 as it just links to other sites content. It works best with links of RSS feeds to videos for the likes of youtube for example.

You can specify a youtube page and add it as location or do a search on youtube and use a site such as http://www.feedyes.com/ since Youtube doesn't support RSS feeds of its search pages.

One thing to note is that TVersity downloads RSS feed content automatically for the newest 10 clips so this could eat your bandwidth if it is a regularly update feed so if you have a limit on your broadband connection (like 30GB a month) this is probably not advisable and you should just download what you want and put it in a folder to stream to 360.

It is a feature designed for countries with real broadband connections :P

Advertisement