Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking someones number

• 25-02-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a sony ericsson W595, does anyone know if i can block someone from ringing or texting me on this phone by any chance?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

andreac wrote: »
    Hi i have a sony ericsson W595, does anyone know if i can block someone from ringing or texting me on this phone by any chance?
    Thanks

What you can do is go into setting, then calls, then manage calls, in manage calls you can select accept calls only from the phone book and then the phone will auto reject any numbers not in your contacts....I don't see anyway to block text messages, best off just to ignore them all, they'll eventually give up, failing that you'll just have to change your number or send your brothers over to sort the nusance caller out...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks for that, they ring from private number but text too, so i have put an out of office on my voicemail instead so they cant leave a voicemail but just thought there might be way with the texts, not to worry.
    Im def not changing my number and im sure they will give up eventually. Its their credit they are wasting, not mine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I really don't see the point in blocking numbers. What's to stop them from getting another number and keeping on ringing/texting you? The only way to stop it is to change your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I wont be changing my number, they will give up im sure. Its their credit they are wasting really, so ill just have to put up with it for the mo. They cant leave voicemails anymore as ive switched that off, so ill just go with the ignoring instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

chrislad wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in blocking numbers. What's to stop them from getting another number and keeping on ringing/texting you? The only way to stop it is to change your number.
    I do agree with you but if you got a fancy Symbian app you could divert them to voicemail or something and they may not know that they're being blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Yeah, there are a few nice apps out that can blacklist numbers or divert private numbers to voicemail. Very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Random wrote: »
    I do agree with you but if you got a fancy Symbian app you could divert them to voicemail or something and they may not know that they're being blocked.

You could also divert particular numbers to premium line phone numbers with an application like that

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Just remembered, I had problems with an annoying caller a while ago.

Some spanish woman kept calling and asking me about an art class :confused: The first few times I just told her that I didn't run any art classes and she had the wrong number, then I just rejected the calls but she kept calling so I had to get a blacklister app. Now I'm free from that eejit and her art class antics.

Woo hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Call your service provider im sure they will be able to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Call your service provider im sure they will be able to do it
    I hope you have some basis for this because it's certainly not the case in general across the networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Stee wrote: »
    You could also divert particular numbers to premium line phone numbers with an application like that

true but when you divert a call you pay the charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Sam Vimes wrote: »

So the lesson is to make sure you divert to a good number, such as a funeral home, or the morgue. They'll soon stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

So the lesson is to make sure you divert to a good number, such as a funeral home, or the morgue. They'll soon stop.

But that is not fair on the funeral home or the morgue.

Better to divert to a Fax number, or NTL customers services, it wont get answered then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Or Sky where you will be put on hold for an hour and then cut off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Now that I did not know.... Cheers!

Advertisement