Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Travel not fulfilling holiday booking

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope this is the right place.
    Last year my mam booked a holiday to egypt for my dad and her with budget travel for may time, this was a suprise xmas present for my dad(xmas 07), and my mam told staff of this when she booked, so to make sure they wouldnt contact my dad. They book a holiday with BT every year and its usually my dad's name on the booking so she made it clear to them.

Anyway about 10days before xmas budget clowns go and send a letter to my dad saying the remainder of payment was now due for the holiday to egypt, such retards. Not only this, but 2 mths later they ring my parents to say that the plane has now being cancelled so holiday wont be goin ahead,only alternative was to switch to a diff holiday 3-4wks later which didnt suit my parents at all.

So anyway this year its their 25th wedding anniversary they decided on 2week luxury hol to egypt with budget for 5th May. So booked it paid deposit etc back at beginning of Jan. Yesterday they get a letter from budget, same ****e, plane cancelled blah blah blah. They offer alternative going with panorama 500eur extra (hol was 1800 already), or else go with budget 10th april. Like what a fkin joke! Its impossible for parents to change annual leave with work at such short notice, and 500eur is too much to pay. So dad rings budget, tells em they r cancelling, will go with falcon, the employee in budget then says "ok,but sign this please", a form whch says my dad is cancelling the holiday and so wont get deposit back!!!r u joking me??!!

This plane being cancelled is total bull****. What has happened is obvious, booking for this date is obviously low and budget cant fill the plane so cancel the holiday, 2 years on the trot. Why do they do this, and wait for such short notice? Offering hols everyweek to egypt, yet in reality what they r doing is getting people to book with them all different dates, then ringing saying cancelled, but u can go on this date, and fill up that plane as people dont have much alternative at that late stage. Its an absolute disgrace and I just wanted to make people aware of this!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Best of luck with this one. Sorry about lack of info, but I hope you get the deposit back.

If you pulled out, sure, you wouldn't get your deposit back, but you're not cancelling it: they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

HI

If i'm not mistaken they are cancelling or changing in any way they should be also offering a refund. See the notes i've copied from their website.

d) If prior to the departure date there is a cancellation, alteration, change or curtailment relating to a holiday which results in more than 18 hours change in the time of departure, or a change in resort or type of accommodation offered, or some other change which significantly alters the holiday, the Organiser shall, if practicable, offer an alternative comparable holiday of at least similar standard or shall refund the Consumer all monies paid.Unless within four days of issue of the offer of an alternative holiday, it is declined by the Consumer in writing, the Organiser shall assume that the Consumer has accepted such offer.Where the offer is declined the Consumer shall only be entitled to return of payment made.

Stick to your guns OP and get your money back! Other choice is going to the small claims!

Good luck

Advertisement