Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recession isn't affecting junkies/drunks...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

beth-lou wrote: »
    They cost the state a hell of a lot more as a junkie than they do rehabilitated, so just turning your back and saying "I don't believe in rehabilitation" isn't really thinking through the whole problem.

I couldn't agree more with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

beth-lou wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you were in the scene in the early ninties, went clubbing, probably popped a few pills here and there. I'm assuming that from your posts in the dance scene threads and the clubs you used to go to. You're not that far removed from those horrible junkies you talk about.

Maybe you don't have an addictive personality and escaped unscathed from those days, but some didn't and some were just plain stupid, and some were born into families were heroin was a daily ritual. Anyway say what you want about your opinion, but there is a lot of ignorance in your post.

Nope I wasnt round in the early nineties Im only twenty three,but I am partial to dance music and the scene that goes with,drugs areant my thing though,just because your into dance music doesnt mean you take drugs,I have tried them before(the likes of hash and E) admittedly but really not my thing,but I dont buy into that you've tried drugs therefore your not allowed critise drugs,thats sh*te,theres a big difference between someone who smoked a joint three or four times,or took an E or two,to a full blown chronic herion addict,its not a valid agrument,and its only used to deflect the havoc herion users reek on society...................................................................like most people in Ireland are from a working class background and many from a non-conventional family,but this is not an excuse to go on gear,if that was the case 3 quaters the country would be addicts,these junk-balls deserve no sympathy,they are the authors of their own misfortune,we should be focusing our attention on helping the homeless,the disabled,victims of domestic abuse,etc,people that are put into situations they cannot help

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

thats not true u are allowed take drugs while on methadone programmes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

peteypop wrote: »
    thats not true u are allowed take drugs while on methadone programmes

Very profound first post there!!!!!!lol

Advertisement