Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Stop in Navan

Options
  • 25-02-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be getting the bus from Dublin to Navan with work and I was wondering where abouts in Navan is the bus stop? Also Is it fairly obvious that its Navan when it stops like?

I'll be staying in the newgrange hotel is it far from the bus stop?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

Hi,
    The bus stops at the square inNavan, just beside AIB on your left nand side.
    Newgrange Hotel is a 2 min walk from there.

Sometimes express busses sometimes stop on Dublin Rd, so best to ask the driver when you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Dublin to Navan bus usually stops outside Mercy Convent doesn't it??? highgiant, just sit up the front of the bus and ask the driver to give you a shout when you're at Navan. It will be stopping outside a secondary school, and it's the first town you'll go into after going through Dunshaughlin. Newgrange is only a few minutes walk from anywhere in the town! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Yes it usally departs from the square but arrives from Dublin at the Convent either way though it is only a short walk to the Newgrange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DRIVEN

I'm not sure if the bus goes to the town centre itself after Mercy Convent, it use to go on directly to Kells.

If you get off at St. Joseph's (Mercy Convent) School and cross the road to Smyth's (Flathouse) pub and walk back along the street parallel to the road you come up on the bus.

You will pass another school and the church gates, and after a few hundred yards go down a steep hill. At the bottom of this street (Church Hill) you will see the Newgrange on your RHS.

Advertisement