Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas Boiler - flushing the system

• 25-02-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Hopefully you might be able to help.

Gas Boiler (4.5 years old) had been giving us a bit of trouble recently. Wouldnt come on over the weekend. Had a Bord Gais representative come out and have a look. He suggests that the system will need to be flushed as the hard water in the area has caused limescale problems in the system. Fair enough. Notoriously hard water around here. Thankfully we were able to get the heat working again this morning, but he was unsure of the price of the repairs. A plumbing contractor will be in touch with us before the weekend. I was wondering if anyone with experience in the area would be able to give us a rough estimate of the quote to expect, and if shopping around would be worthwhile?

Not really sure of the specifics in the system. I'm guessing that its a bog standard sealed central heating system.

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

Between 300-600 euro for a power flush and i would phone around, also i would look for someone with good boiler knowledge so if need be they can take out the heat exchanger and put in to a bucket of chemical, Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thanks very much Gary.

Advertisement