Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Fighter IV League.

• 25-02-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Ok, I think there are enough people with SFIV to give this some consideration. The FIFA league looked hugely popular. I'd propose people signing up on this thread, establishing some rules (best of x rounds, first to x fights, character use, time length, etc.)

Also, it would start in perhaps 2 weeks so people could become accustomed to the game and increase the time people could sign up for. FutureGuy, I'd be particularly interested in your advice, seeing as you had a hand in the FIFA tourny. All ideas welcomed!

Oh btw; 1,000th post. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Ok, I think there are enough people with SFIV to give this some consideration. The FIFA league looked hugely popular. I'd propose people signing up on this thread, establishing some rules (best of x rounds, first to x fights, character use, time length, etc.)

Also, it would start in perhaps 2 weeks so people could become accustomed to the game and increase the time people could sign up for. FutureGuy, I'd be particularly interested in your advice, seeing as you had a hand in the FIFA tourny. All ideas welcomed!

Oh btw; 1,000th post. :)

Sounds like a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Sounds good but I know I dont think ill be winning many!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Count me in Sagat 08 - loving the game by the way!

FutureGuy came up with a good league format for SFIIHD.

It stops people dominating with one or two characters :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Count me in anyway... Everyone needs an easy win at the start ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tman wrote: »
    Count me in anyway... Everyone needs an easy win at the start ^_^

Hey, that's my role in all this... :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah I created and am running the Fifa 09 league. We have about 60 players and its running very well.

Here's my post from the SSF2HD thread...

Would anyone have interest in starting a fun league for SF2HD...the main focus would be on fun, remembering that we cannot parry in SF4 (!) and to use all the characters available.

So here is what I propose...we get 6-8 players (all skill levels welcome). Each match is 17 games long, each game is best two out of three rounds. You must use a different character for each game. 17 games and 17 characters

There will be alot of strategy regarding character selection...do you play your worst characters early to get them out of the way or do you get some serious scores on the board early using your best characters?

The winner will be the person with the overall best W/L record.

Even if you lose 17-0 against some of the players on here (there are some scarily good boardies), you get to practice characters you haven't played in ages, and you also get to learn tricks from the very best. It's like a free tutorial!

At the end of it, everyone should be a better player.

We can post the results and have a good chat about things...anyone up for it?

The only problem with bringing this over to SF4 is that we have to deal with unlockable characters. Some people may not have unlocked all characters.

The 3 hardest to unlock are
    Gouken, Akuma and Seth.
    . The other 6 are easy enough. What if we just ran with the other 22 characters? Any tie breaker (if it ends at 11-11) could be decided with a game with random characters.

By doing this, we are getting the very most out of the game...having to play as every character is going to make everyone so much better.

Another format...we could play 15 games, where noone is allowed to pick the same character more than 3 times. This may suit us better as there are many newer players who are just learning a few characters.

Finally, we could just allow players to pick anyone they want each round, although we may get a player playing the same character every game.

One other thing...if a player wins a match, he/she must choose their character first for the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

count me in RamJaxed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Please add me too. Don't think I'll be winning any matches due to the awful dpad I can't get used to. 9 weeks to go before I get my Arcadeinabox though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i suck btw so i will most lilely be curled in a ball while u smack the bejesus out of me

Gamer Tag

Nevaeh 2Die4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

count me in too- triangle king

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Count me in lads.

Gamertag = Davey909

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Id be up for this too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wont play this online till I get my stick!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Fair enough if everyone is made pick different characters but wouldnt this in the end put us, who are new to the game at a disadvantage? Like im only used to ken and slightly less Ryu as im trying to pick up the basics with them.

My reasoning for picking Ken only is I want to be at least half decent with one character. But for the rest ive never even picked them where as those who are playing SF for a long time will have alot more experience with every character and will only end up getting perfect against me (or whoever) just because ive never picked sakura/blanka etc.

I reckon people should be allowed pick whoever. And maybe after the first league split it into two leagues if theres enough people because I know already Im at alot lower standard than the likes of The Witch and futureguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

I'm gonna get my a** kicked and my connectioin aint great but count me in if ye'l have me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

im getting sf4 2morrow but id be up for it man , im gonna be playin it all weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Completly up for this!! Although I'll probably get my arse handed to me XD

Feel free the add me GT - Tehtys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

me toooooooooo my tag is cojomo2, im pretty crap tho, but am getting practice in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Put me in as a maybe. With work commitments the times you decide to play might not suit me. I work shift work... so its a maybe for me. Until April anyway when I lose my job! lol

oh yeah

Gamertag

ROC E REDSKULL

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

Yeah I'd be up for it as well. I'd say i'll be favourite for relegation :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement