Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip -> Dublin Airport

Options
  • 25-02-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all,

On Monday I start working in Leixlip. I was wondering how long it would take (on Fridays) to get from Leixlip to Dublin Airport? And what the best/fastest/cheapest option would be (train/bus/taxi)?

Also, maybe a weird question... Would it be possible to get to the airport by bicycle from Leixlip? I checked it out on maps.google.com and apparently it would be just over 24km. I was just wondering how safe it would be...

Thanks to all!

Steven

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 marooned

It all depends what time your going. In a taxi at non peak times you would be looking at about half an hour.
    Taxi is probably your best bet otherwise you will have to get a bus or train into town and then a bus to the airport. As for cycling, you would have to take the back roads and to be honest they wouldn't be the safest. The taxi wouldnt be that cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If you are near the train station, you could get the train into Connolly Station and then walk the few minutes to Busaras to get the Dublin Bus Airlink service to the airport.

As for cycling, I would also say forget it. The main route is all motorway once you leave Leixlip, and as for taking the backroads on a Friday evening...shudder!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 grainne whale

Get the train from Leixlip, then get off at Drumcondra, then pop on a bus (Dublin Bus or AirCoach) to Dublin Airport. I hope that works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Hi,
    If your getting that taxi regularly it just occured to me that this thread might be of use to you, in case you didnt see it already...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485964

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Cycling, really is out. The direct route (N4/M50) is motorway most of the way (no cycling allowed), and the back roads are all very poor (dangerous in many parts for cars, never mind bikes!).

There's a shuttle service, I think, from the Clarion beside Liffey Valley. You could ring there for details. You could taxi/bus/cycle to there if that was suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stevent

Hey all,

First of all thanks to everybody that replied to my previous question (how to get from Leixlip to Dublin Airport). I do know now what my options are... There's only a small problem, the flights I want to take are very early in the morning (during the weekend).

So does anybody have some ideas how to get to the Airport from Leixlip before 6am (flight leaves at 6.30am, so I have to be at the airport preferably before 5.30am).

Bus/train, is no option since they don't run this early in the morning, especially not during the weekend. In the previous thread somebody suggested taking a taxi from Leixlip to the Clarion Hotel (Liffy Valley) and a shuttle bus from there. That looks like the best option so far... Unless somebody has a better idea? I would like to avoid taking a taxi all the way for obvious reasons (money).

Thanks in advance for your answers/ideas!

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You don't need to start another thread on pretty much the same topic, so I've joined them both together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

stevent wrote: »
    Hey all,

First of all thanks to everybody that replied to my previous question (how to get from Leixlip to Dublin Airport). I do know now what my options are... There's only a small problem, the flights I want to take are very early in the morning (during the weekend).

So does anybody have some ideas how to get to the Airport from Leixlip before 6am (flight leaves at 6.30am, so I have to be at the airport preferably before 5.30am).

Bus/train, is no option since they don't run this early in the morning, especially not during the weekend. In the previous thread somebody suggested taking a taxi from Leixlip to the Clarion Hotel (Liffy Valley) and a shuttle bus from there. That looks like the best option so far... Unless somebody has a better idea? I would like to avoid taking a taxi all the way for obvious reasons (money).

Thanks in advance for your answers/ideas!

Steven

its about 35 euro with Pats cabs. Worth it rather than risking missing you flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I know a local guy who does airport runs.
    He's very reliable and punctual. It's metered. I don't know how much an airport run is though.

PM me if you want his number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greid

I wondered if you could offer me similar advice. I'm flying into Dublin Airport at about midday next thursday and need to get to leixlip as soon as possible really.

How much would i be looking at having to pay for a taxi? is it cheaper to book with a local firm than take one from the airport? Any help would be really appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement